smallfish wrote:The opening is actually very similar, either Cath. --> MoF or Cath. (if shaded or stronghold) --> owl sage/skip
You will know once you have played against an urgrant file.
smallfish wrote:History of the file:
The file is believed to be founded by a player, Canis, after Set 7 released for a month. At that time, Canis is a new player, but he uses the complete Urgrant file though.
1) 2 owl sages. I feel like using a second owl sage is worth it for the cath-owl lashes so you can play a second owl turn 3. Gives great advantage. Also can help move your SS later in the game.
2) Faytis necessary? I think there are 2 view points here. 1 - it is nice to play Faytis turn 3 so that your urgrant avoids a SS attack and you get slight SP advantage. 2) Faytis locks up 4SP, which can be really problematic early on since Urgrant uses up a lot of SP to get his auto skill going.
3) Tidal/Cyclone shades. I feel like it is often worth it if it allows you to solo the field with Urgrant. More importantly, it prevents the opponent from accessing their souls.
4) control form vs aggro form. I feel like the MD support first SS type is more reflective of a control type, whereas 40+1 is more an aggro type. Personally, I think playing Urgrant as a control form is far scarier than an aggro form. Control has the philosophy: I will play for SP and field control, solo your field, prevent you from access to your soul skills, and spam SP drain to win.
5) Other win variants: Urgrant-Belus-Returns is the main stream version. However I always thought it would be cool to use other Lawt/Falkow combinations. Such as like Zalzagul and thunderheads, or Lyria and timestops. I feel like there are more "fun files" that use Urgrant to bring the spheres together at least, probably more to explore here.
skillll7 wrote:I tried a version with Nightmare Given Form and it was amusing when you lock ALL of your opponent's SP. o_o
His open is guaranteed and is actually quite neat
smallfish wrote:I see. It is a good lock. But, i remember anglomis play a similar file with MD - Exot. and is totally affected by 40dmg SS series...
Well, can be 1 of the secret tech. XD
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest