[Primer] A Breakdown of File - Urgrant File Type

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: [Primer] A Breakdown of File - Urgrant File Type

Postby smallfish » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 pm

angolmois » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

Is 3rd Emperor + Hellspawn + Shear Winds + Time Stop viable in an Urgrant file? With it's high SP demand...

skillll7 wrote:
I tried a version with Nightmare Given Form and it was amusing when you lock ALL of your opponent's SP. o_o
His open is guaranteed and is actually quite neat

smallfish wrote:
I see. It is a good lock. But, i remember anglomis play a similar file with MD - Exot. and is totally affected by 40dmg SS series...

Well, can be 1 of the secret tech. XD

Never underestimate the power of Nightmare. I don't use Urgrant in it though.

The Nightmare needs certain SS like Pafc, or violetx2 to work, it also requires many owl sage in order to really gain SP advantage. The real rpoblem is, urgrant file do not have so much spell to use Nightmare too, except you give up certain grims.

Word of Dalos is good, but for certain match-up, it is a dead card. And usually, those match-up are really tough even you use the traditional built. Those are BKR/Jack, mirror match, Big lawita, refess, gowen. It also don't work well against undead too. And the returning means that you need to use abyssal forces in order to take the full advantage, which means Afel and augmented sorcerer, which are all easily killed. In my opinion, return is generally more useful and provide a sure advantage when used while word of dalos varies greatly against different match-up. At the view of consistency, i think return is a better choice.

Another problem is that, the lv 2 lawita sometimes means you have to manually put 2 sp into lawita which is just another SP loss for us early game.

For 3rd emperor, hellspawn, timestop...well, why play urgrant, just use Gal. SS, play 3rd emperor, hellspawn, 3 times stop, 3 shears winds, deathmaker, merciless death, the random return grims, stronghold now? MoF, soul pact, wins?!...

P.S.: Primer means the fundalmental knowledge.
smallfish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

I think somewhere you mentioned Diondora. Have you tried it? I can't put my finger on why, but my gut is telling me Dio is a bad fit for this file. Not sure though.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Anima13 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I think somewhere you mentioned Diondora. Have you tried it? I can't put my finger on why, but my gut is telling me Dio is a bad fit for this file. Not sure though.

Well there is
a, usualy no slyphs/unidines in the file thus dio can't use her engage skill to its full potential (unless you want to return higher lvl units to your file)
b, there is no other engaging units/ soulskill in the file thus dio cant recieve additionaly support (ok belus is in there buts its a random engage...)
c, even if its supposed to be a control file urgant per se is agressive and needs to be agressive. You can't realy tank the damage you get thus you will be forced to damage/ activate the enemies soulskills. A 30hp unit looks pretty bad there. Dio requires a defensive game play
d, urgant deck has already the weakness to be too character dependent + If you dont manage to up your lawtia with urgant due to a powerful early game dio wont really help you in neither case. Elite fencer on the other side can help urgant against fast files, can be played early (as it is one of the few lets say nearly stand alone units falkow) and support the file much better then dio.

Ahm yes I don't see either where dio would fit in an urgant file.
Anima13

Postby smallfish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 am

A try is a try but i need 3 Dio. first..Orz 150PT...>.<

1. Belus is a engage unit. It is random, but it is still an engage.
2. I will use frog too, so not a big problem.
3. There is always owl sage as a lv 1 for activate Dio. second ability. S&F is also a good unit to return if you already drop alll their grims.
4. This built will have time stop for Dio. late game and anti-assassin SS method.
5. Thinking of adding Princess Bernet for super-engage effect..@@ (Frog, Belus, Bernet, and even time stop...)
6. Urgrant is just a way to enable a faster belus, may be 3rd emperor and the lawita grims. Urgrant is just a SP drainer late game and actually, urgrant usually bluff out opponent's SS and grims all the day...XD
smallfish

Postby PrinzRipper » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 pm

its good to try vaious variation of urgrant file...I sometimes use swan cavalier XD...I kinda wanted to improve urgrant more to deal with current weakness while maintaining its domination on most files :D
PrinzRipper

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:18 pm

But if you have so much focus for Diondora why even bother with Urgrant? And if Urgrant fails early (which he sometimes does) Diondora is not a unit that can save you.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby smallfish » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 pm

I just bother with belus and the lawita grim actually..XD
smallfish

Postby sunbunman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Stickie, NOW!
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Only if I am paid copious amounts of bacon.

Yes this is extortion!!!
Romdeau

Postby sunbunman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Romdeau wrote:Only if I am paid copious amounts of bacon.

Yes this is extortion!!!

Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum