new EX cards overview

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: new EX cards overview

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 pm

So a big yes for Rutina's close skill. Close skill goes off after damage is resolved, but BEFORE cards are flipped over. That means if the unit in front of her is reduced to 0 or negative HP, it will be HEALED up to 1, effectively saving its life. How often does this happen? In our testing... constantly. Any time you damage Rutina and the unit in front of her at the same time it could happen. This means any area of effect, any column attack, Dalos, any soul card that does damage to 2 (or 3) random units, etc.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Zanador » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Thank you for testing. I was really curious about this. : )
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby jasta85 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:45 pm

logress wrote:So a big yes for Rutina's close skill. Close skill goes off after damage is resolved, but BEFORE cards are flipped over. That means if the unit in front of her is reduced to 0 or negative HP, it will be HEALED up to 1, effectively saving its life. How often does this happen? In our testing... constantly. Any time you damage Rutina and the unit in front of her at the same time it could happen. This means any area of effect, any column attack, Dalos, any soul card that does damage to 2 (or 3) random units, etc.

oooh, very interesting. i thought someone meant bring them back after it's already been closed. the problem is if someone kills off Rutina then she's gonna hurt the card in front of her (although if that unit will benefit from the AT buff then it's a plus).
jasta85

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:24 pm

Some cards, like Lycanthropes, mind being knocked down to 1HP less than others.
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Rutina's closeskill : unit in front of her means the unit has to be on same column or is a random unit from the row in front of her??
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby mijorre » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 am

Same column.
mijorre

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:25 am

well she is good anyways ... sometimes even to place in first row XD so you make sure that annoying dragon gets down to 1 HP
(or any RNG 1 units)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby mijorre » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:29 am

Nope, she does not hit over the divide. Only affects your own units.
We've tried that :P
mijorre

Postby slashzero » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Is it just me or does The Angel's Trumpet have 2 LP? Can you really use it as a soul card?

Also, Chiruru's soul effect is win.
slashzero

Postby Logress » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:05 pm

You can't use it as a soul card, because it's a Grimoire. Not sure why it's showing up in the Card List as having an LP, in the game it's just got a "-" there. Will ask the Japanese on monday. And ues, Chiruru's soul skill does seem to be a keeper. Basically can turn any deck that fields an above average number of units into a great Gowen Rush deck.
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum