new EX cards overview

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: new EX cards overview

Postby jasta85 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:19 pm

right now i'm trying to decide on whether to get a falkow or refuss EX

refuss: level 1 grimore that can shut down a powerful creature for 1 turn
decent level 3 with some decent abilities but a 2 LP grimore that makes the refuss army pretty much invulnerable to regular attacks for 1 while letting them 1 shot anything on the opponent's side

falkow: a level 5 who dies to just about any damaging grimore or ability, too expensive (sp wise) to be worth using against competative decks considering how vulnerable he is unless you wanna splash into refuss or gowen to boost his hp
a level 1 which can boost a few of your troops depending on what you take, her ability to damage all enemies is also nice.

i'm mostly trying to decide between soul powers it think. refuss is 2LP and gives +50 AT and DEF, falkow is 1 LP and gives +50 AT and AGI. right now i'm leaning towards the refuss one a little as it gives both survivablity and offense, as well as being 2LP so that you can take 1 more hit than otherwise.
jasta85

Postby Grain » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Buy three Refess packs just for the soul skill.
Grain

Postby Logress » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:40 pm

It's hard to say which is better, but generally going first yields a lot of advantages. Sure, you can survive just about anything with Cudgel's Soul Skill so it doesn't matter so much if you go first or second, but at least your giving the enemy a little breathing room. He's got some time to do SOMETHING, whether it's move units he doesn't want to die to the back, use Annarose's power to Engage one of your units, rest his Dragon to give it just enough HP to survive. Generally, shutting out the enemy means going first. Personally though, I love Cudgel as a unit, and with the possibility of even more sexy level 7+ units and AGI 5 units in the future he's got some potential.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh Logress baby I love it when you use the word sexy. ;)
Romdeau

Postby Porky » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:15 am

There is like another thread about the exact same subject-_- Should just merge them.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby jasta85 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 pm

logress wrote:It's hard to say which is better, but generally going first yields a lot of advantages. Sure, you can survive just about anything with Cudgel's Soul Skill so it doesn't matter so much if you go first or second, but at least your giving the enemy a little breathing room. He's got some time to do SOMETHING, whether it's move units he doesn't want to die to the back, use Annarose's power to Engage one of your units, rest his Dragon to give it just enough HP to survive. Generally, shutting out the enemy means going first. Personally though, I love Cudgel as a unit, and with the possibility of even more sexy level 7+ units and AGI 5 units in the future he's got some potential.

it really depends on the situation and army. if you play a really fast army with all units having agi 3-5 then the extra agi may not be neccessary. also, the boy inquisitor SS can be used for both offense and defense. for example suppose your opponent just managed to take a good chunk out of your army (with fire tornado or some other mass damage ability). suppose you only have 2 creature's left while the opponent still had like 4. with chururu's ability you would be able to kill off 2 of them but the remaining 2 could probably take out your creatures. with the boy inquisitor your units stand a good chance of surviving (there are exceptions of course but most creatures cant bypass 50 def) so even if he does go first and protects some of his units you'll at least be able to kill off 2 of his guys while keeping your people alive.

i think chururu and boy inquisitor are equally good, just they are meant for different kinds of armies. as i like to play fast decks (right now i'm playing a lawt deck with a little gowen splashed into it) and my deck is pretty fast, i think the boy inquisitor SS would benefit me more. if i was playing a refuss deck which can already take a lot of damage but lacks in speed, i would probably prefer chururu.
jasta85

Postby Logress » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't know if I should say it, but there's an added bonus to Cudgel's SS when Renally's involved...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phades » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

logress wrote:I don't know if I should say it, but there's an added bonus to Cudgel's SS when Renally's involved...

Shh, you will make the villagers restless... You don't want another mad charge at you with torches and pitch forks again the likes of which haven't been seen since the original EX pack pricing thread do you? :shock: ;)
Phades

Postby Nehless » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Yeah... if Renally is still alive by that point :(
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Candi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Brilliant Idea!

Holy mother is level what? 2! Sweet. Ok hear me out. She decreases the HP of units and gives them an AT buff, riiight? What sphere has way too much HP and not enough AT? refess! I bet you, there is some kind of sneaky way to get her into a Refess file and turn the tables of Refess's underuse... I bet you...
Candi

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum