new EX cards overview

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: new EX cards overview

Postby Grain » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Candi wrote:Brilliant Idea!

Holy mother is level what? 2! Sweet. Ok hear me out. She decreases the HP of units and gives them an AT buff, riiight? What sphere has way too much HP and not enough AT? refess!

It doesn't really have that much more HP.

Folrart Paladin has 65 HP, EX Lion Baron has 60, and all the other level 3's have 55 HP or under. They'll die in two hits from a moonlight warrior whether they have 55 HP or 45 HP, or 35 HP. I imagine she would best with high agility (LOL) files.

Then again, god invented card combos for a reason. Griffin would work well with Holy Mother.

P.S. - [card=290]She's level 4[/card].
Grain

Postby Candi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Grain wrote:P.S. - [card=290]She's level 4[/card].

Guess I should have *checked* before I jumped in with that.

It's still a viable thing to do tho, Refess/Lawtia file. Level fours on both sides, I know I've seen Beastmaster files (Refess/Falkow) that do that, you just have to use your first SS as one of the sphere+3 ramps for one of the two spheres.
Candi

Postby darklogos » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:26 am

Holy mother is level what? 2! Sweet. Ok hear me out. She decreases the HP of units and gives them an AT buff, riiight? What sphere has way too much HP and not enough AT? refess! I bet you, there is some kind of sneaky way to get her into a Refess file and turn the tables of Refess's underuse... I bet you...

Your looking to pack 3 of her in a deck if your going to do that. Not only are you going to pack 3 but you need to make sure your packing really big hp units from reffess. Maybe you can pull it off Candi. ;th2
darklogos

Postby jasta85 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:00 am

darklogos wrote:

Holy mother is level what? 2! Sweet. Ok hear me out. She decreases the HP of units and gives them an AT buff, riiight? What sphere has way too much HP and not enough AT? refess! I bet you, there is some kind of sneaky way to get her into a Refess file and turn the tables of Refess's underuse... I bet you...

Your looking to pack 3 of her in a deck if your going to do that. Not only are you going to pack 3 but you need to make sure your packing really big hp units from reffess. Maybe you can pull it off Candi. ;th2

you're going to be paying a LOT of sp just to give your army a little extra AT. she's a level 4 which means you're gonna have to splash 4 into lawt to bring her out, that's 8 sp that's being spent outside the refuss sphere. you could use that to splash 2 into gowen and get the belly dancer, she gives +10 to the whole army and doesnt hurt you. there's also the fact that holy mother doesnt help refuss's biggest weakness, and that is agi. refuss is very slow and the only way they survive is by being tough enough to take the hits so they can hit back, with -10hp they are going to be dying a little faster.

holy mother works best on units that are so weak that they usually die to anything normally (succubusses, fenrir, skeleton warrior etc). these are units that were always fragile but now get a substantial AT buff that lets them do a bit of damage before they close. units like dalos and broken iron warrior which deliver damage to multiple units also benefit a bit.

i really dont think the holy mother is really viable outside lawatia, although i suppose you certainly could do it, you would almost certainly have to give up 1 or 2 of your SS slots for increasing sphere levels or generating more SP though.
jasta85

Postby Candi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:22 am

jasta85 wrote:holy mother works best on units that are so weak that they usually die to anything normally (succubusses, fenrir, skeleton warrior etc). these are units that were always fragile but now get a substantial AT buff that lets them do a bit of damage before they close. units like dalos and broken iron warrior which deliver damage to multiple units also benefit a bit.

IN fact she's horrible with these guys, she will close them herself in 2 turns. Her HP debuff is permanent and stacks with itself. Only the AT buff is turn based.

And I wouldn't just run her as the only Lawt card in the file - drop in a few other tasty Lawtia bits too and make it truly dual sphere.
Candi

Postby surignum » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:44 am

i run a lawtia/refess deck, but i dont really see many ways holy mother could benefit.
the only possible thing i see is playing her early with two skele warriors or throwing her out with fenrir. Even if her skill kills him, if its night, he gets to live for one more turn. The two skele warriors could, for a few turns, just erase any chance of the enemy getting early stability, But theyd be wiped out soon after. And for refess with its high hp/low atk, specifically griffin, i just use them as sheilds while i save up for the more important cards of the deck. an attack increase wouldnt really be necessary, becuase im only throwing him out there for the hp. My fenrir and other lawts can deal out the dmg. I think this card was made for quick field wipes, with the intention of throwing her out when you have 3+ cards on the field, more than likely low level cards. Other than that, shes just damage to your own field and pointless to throw out.

The other ex for lawt, on the other hand,virtuoso, is one of the greatest things i have ever seen.
Making one enemy attack another?! and Field wipes? "OH NOES!! my dalos!! hes dead !!!! what ever will i do?!...oh yeah, hes in front of virtuoso."
brilliant. mad props to the Kreator. ;a39 / ;a41
*It descends from heaven:Yet it unleashes hell*
surignum

Postby teasel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:10 pm

holy mother decreases MAX HP therefore a lycan would just die... that said i think the boost would be kinda wasted on refess unit as they are now with 45 AT... now they are short of 5 AT to reach the magical 50 number... if you ask me playing holy mother it's just like playing ignition only you suffer less damage but also gets less out of your bucks and therefore target that are ideal for ignition are also ideal for the holy mother or alternatively anything that is short lived but quick and powerfull (like lebeau)
teasel

Postby jasta85 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm

holy crap, i didnt realize her effect was perminent and stacked with itself, she really is a crazy unit. i honestly dont know what i would play her with. she weakens your whole army every turn, the only thing i can think of is to play her with a mix of units with tons of hp that can last longer, or disposable units with 20-30 hp that are fast that can hit the enemy hard before they close. but honestly i dont think i would play her at all with current cards.

another option would be to take fairy dance to buff your army to counter her effect but it's still risky.
jasta85

Postby Grain » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:53 pm

jasta85 wrote:holy crap, i didnt realize her effect was perminent and stacked with itself, she really is a crazy unit. i honestly dont know what i would play her with. she weakens your whole army every turn, the only thing i can think of is to play her with a mix of units with tons of hp that can last longer, or disposable units with 20-30 hp that are fast that can hit the enemy hard before they close. but honestly i dont think i would play her at all with current cards.

another option would be to take fairy dance to buff your army to counter her effect but it's still risky.

I found the Japanese card!

https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=331

She's level 7 with 80 HP, 60 ATK, 2 AGI, and 3 Range, 1 LP

Soul skill - [神族:ローティア]のユニットをこのターンの間[AT+:10/AGI+:1]する。

Action Skill (Zero SP) - [AT0以下]のユニットから1体選び[セメタリー]に送る。

Extensive changes have been made.

My Engrish interpretation:

Soul Skill - Lawtia gets ATK +10, AGI+1 for this turn

Action Skill ( Zero SP) - Send one unit with 0 ATK to the cemetery
Grain

Postby Gota » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:09 pm

wow @ her action skill..... super assa SS That skill is game breaking, no wonder she was lv7

of course there has to be more cards like angels trumpet or something that lowers AT to be useful though... duno which japanese card does it, but there has to be some.

would love to mad priest SS a renally and get rid of her!
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum