Refess Starter

Strategies and Card File Construction

Refess Starter

Postby Phenoca » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:56 am

If you've played me, then you know how easy I am to beat.

But I'm finding that the Folrart players... Might just be the people whom I want to duel.
I have a 30%ish win percentage in Crest Arena, and I think Folrart is just better for me because the players are expecting high-level cards to deal a lot of damage towards.

In the past week, my favourite duels have been in Folrart, and sometimes something completely unexpected will happen - I win a duel.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Re: Refess Starter

Postby Wintermute » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 pm

One of the things I noticed about my performance was that it dropped immediately after entering the Folrart arena.

I'm not THAT good a player, to be honest, but I also don't have a ton of money for cards. I was rockin' the starter deck and maybe a booster pack or two, and things were okay in Crest. I went about 60-40. Then, I got to level 10, and Crest was no longer an option. I was plunged into a playgroup that I was nowhere near prepared for, and I ended up losing all the time. I still lose a great deal. I just didn't have the card pool OR the experience to deal with cards I'd never seen before, strategies that I'd never encountered before, and players that have been playing far longer than I have. I didn't stand a chance, and really I still don't.

I'm not complaining really... all I'm saying is that it would have been nice to have a little more time in Crest, where learning-the-game losses wouldn't impact my rating.
ImageImage
"There is nothing you can see that is not a flower, nothing you can think of that is not the moon." ~Bashio
Wintermute

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm

i remember losing to 2-3 refess decks yesterday only because i was confused what to counter, gowen or falkow?
when i took the deck that countered one i got against the other ...

i was so messed up after all that unlucky lose streak i even lost to refess ...
this is the sad truth about a half underdog deck beaten by a real underdog deck
;zagar
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby darklogos » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Simple solution is to go into chat. If your playing and loosing go to chat and ask for help and people to test your deck with. A lot of people are honest. There is hardly any combo you will play that will surprise them. no one is really a jerk. If you don't take up the resource, as a reffess player, you going to have a hard road in falrart. Reffess needs a new starter because the cards in it won't help you out of crest.
darklogos

Return to Annarose's Sanctum