who has gotten brave/waball to work?

Strategies and Card File Construction

who has gotten brave/waball to work?

Postby darklogos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:28 am

I'm asking seriously? I got 2 of each and I've tried my best to make them work and failed. My decks that I have composed with them in it auto loss to lawtia because of the sp build up needed. Big Blue is going to destroy you any way it goes so even trying to fight isn't worth it with Gowen. No sp drain equals a loss against that deck. So how have people used the card effectively. I've only really been used as an end game card.
darklogos

Re: who has gotten brave/waball to work?

Postby Nehless » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:04 am

Splash Card
You're going to need 8 sp total just to bring this baby out. Easily, you can take this unit out if you let a unit 2 die w/ a witch SS. That's 6 sp easy!
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby darklogos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:45 am

A lot can be done with 8 sp. Not only that I'm looking for real practicality, maybe even basics of deck setup. I've tried trying to see if he could mix well but everything I've seen says no. The cost is to high. Even as a late game tank most late game monsters will eat him alive. With the abundance of Lawt and falkow keeping your sp isn't a guarantee.
darklogos

Postby Nehless » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:11 am

He's a big tank, there are decks that are missing big tanks :( and this tank is HUGE
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby darklogos » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:40 am

I've seen how fast he goes down. I even tested it with Anna against casual monster falkow deck. The problem is he has to many disads once he is play. YOu spend all your resources keeping him alive. Without assassin or druid immunity he is going die fast.
darklogos

Postby Kamerynn » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I've gotten Wabell to work for me, testing it in the training grounds. I only had one copy, but my opponents didn't have an assassin SC so it lived through both matches.

I'm sure there's better starts than this, but keep in mind I barely have more than a starter for cards to choose from =P

turn1 - exploding spore; rank up to 3
turn2 - SP card (can't remember the name right now *sigh* - +1agi to the spore and +1SP total)
turn3 - Lizard (1 sp left over and 1 coming from the spore. first soul card was a salamander - no sphere card for me =( )
turn4 - Wabell in the 2nd row (might have to play a +10 def. tree, whatever they're called, if ya need to rez the lizard. I didn't.)

After that, I just played level 1 cards as they were needed. Had 3 of those +10 def. trees and the other two salamanders, plus one more exploding spore and that card that gives everything 15 hp (and max hp). I only needed to rank up to 2 to play the rest of the cards that fit with the strategy, although I had to put some crappy level 3 stuff in for filler. Kurina was a nice frontline distraction when I finally got her out. I stayed away from all the rank-up cards, of course. If I had slyphs, undines, and/or shades it would have been much stronger, although only one assassin and it's game over =P Perhaps a beastmaster or two for SCs to help the level 1 weenies be more effective would help; I had a couple assassins for SCs myself, and they were a nice fit with all the level 1s (the salamander chick - not actual assassins).

Long story short, fun card to play with. With the prominence of assassins, it likely won't be worth much more than a 50%/50% win/loss ratio, and it would only be that much if it's played well and I encounter a number of modified starters instead of uber-players.
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Postby teasel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:33 pm

mmm you know i have this crazy idea... SS needs a dead body to trigger so... why you just don't have the guy standby? i mean he has 80 HP and 20 DF (which means 20 HP regen if he standby) that's incredibly hard to take down with normal attack and could buy you a lot of time... in the meanwhile you can rack up SP,build an army... whatever you want,and beside i really hate how people are so "WAAAHHH WAAHHH ASSASIN DRAINS ALL MY SP :'(" again if you are scared of losing your SP why not put more SP making stuff in your deck?
teasel

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 pm

for building an efficient deck Kamerynn has the best Wabell idea I've seen so far. We all know that a tank is almost worthless alone, but two good tanks can take _forever_ to get rid of (one of the factors that makes Big Blue so tenacious). Wabell is more efficient as your second card out, not your first, and your first card should be another tank that's level 4 or higher to avoid returns. From then on you play rush, pretty much just using level 1 and two cards one after another. If you want to rank up, use Rougeerst or Panther Soul and don't count on getting your level back up. A good idea, still doesn't offer much protection against Assassin.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Candi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I'd think tossing Blitz Soldier into that file would be beneficial, he is level 2 and he does steal your sphere level but he's such a tough beast and with most of your file being level ones, once you drop Kurina then follow with a Blitz and return to your great spirit spam spree.
Candi

Postby Gota » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:17 am

That would further cost you even more SP though with Blitz, and vulnerable to return grimoir, I agree with logress and kam that lizard would be best. Plus, the lizard can penetrate defense + regen.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum