who has gotten brave/waball to work?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: who has gotten brave/waball to work?

Postby darklogos » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Shrimpyrice wrote:Hey all,

Well, I'm sure some of you have seen me out there in Folrart tinkering with Wabell, and various strategies to make him work. I should say that while I don't have all the cards (or even most of them), I do (or should) have a sufficient amount of cards to construct a Wabell deck. While he has great stats, and can really help in a late game scenario (after the sin drops), there seemed to be too many situations where I really wished he was another card. He simply isn't versatile enough to justify draining all your Gowen levels. If it reduced it by four, then maybe his usefulness would increase, since I could plan ahead, and drop some units the turn immediately following. As it stands, he really serves as a final drop, unless you have a large store of SP, or want to risk losing him to an assassin soul skill. I find that if I play him too early, I'm simply playing catch up the rest of the game. Unfortunately, as a late game drop, he kind of falls flat. As stated, he simply lacks versatility. He's a hitter, and can hit any enemy unit as long as he's in the front row, but can't contend with other units that also come out around that time. He has no AOE (in case you are swarmed), no def busting (for Renally or LeBeau'd units), no way to increase his damage (though 50 isn't exactly insubstantial) and is kind of a slow dude, so he gets slammed by other units fairly easily. I found that in most situations, Bazgar probably would have served me better. I'm not sure what else to say about him, as I still have some tinkering to do; Anyway, I'd just thought I'd share what I've noticed so far.

Thanks for your response. I'm not quoting you just because I agree with you but because you actually tested and played the card out. You put a lot of time in the deck and I even fought you with that deck in folrart. I even heard a few guys in chat say they got beat by your deck and it was a surprise. Thanks for your contribution.
darklogos

Postby Logress » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 am

There are an awful lot of really good, versatile "big Gowen" cards with 1 or two AGI. Bazgar (best single unit offense), Brave (best DF), Lizard (Best Regen), Bear Killer (Charge for big damage), Fire dragon (best area effect). Anyone ever thought of making a file that just aims to get as many of these on the field at once as possible, then carries 3 Magic Dancer / Chiruru Soul Cards and 3 copies of Gravitational Sphere? Between the two of them is 6 turns of pure win. Hey, you can even make one of your other Soul Cards the one that only damages fast creatures, I think it's Swallow Scout.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby darklogos » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Logress wrote:There are an awful lot of really good, versatile "big Gowen" cards with 1 or two AGI. Bazgar (best single unit offense), Brave (best DF), Lizard (Best Regen), Bear Killer (Charge for big damage), Fire dragon (best area effect). Anyone ever thought of making a file that just aims to get as many of these on the field at once as possible, then carries 3 Magic Dancer / Chiruru Soul Cards and 3 copies of Gravitational Sphere? Between the two of them is 6 turns of pure win. Hey, you can even make one of your other Soul Cards the one that only damages fast creatures, I think it's Swallow Scout.

I posted that I've already done this earlier. Check my dec 3rd post. You have to realize if you play big like that if you loose a monster being able to attack first isn't going to help because your going to be serverly outnumbered once its all said and done. This is the problem i'm seeing with waball and brave. But focusing on Brave. There is a lot of def=0 or remove def cards. His defense is not dependable. In a big deck that has fewer targets on the field it is easy for a shield breaker effect to mess you up.
darklogos

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum