Trying to find a way to Stop Falkow

Strategies and Card File Construction

Trying to find a way to Stop Falkow

Postby Mikumaga » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Lately all I seem to be facing is ;a38 its starting to bug me but Ive finally found a deck that's seeming to stop them, unfortunately, I have to waste 2 SS to do it, Im starting to get tired of all the ;a38 users so I made a speed Lycanth Deck With 2 Fire Dragons as the 2nd and 4th SS http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=237 My Deck Usually Starts off by putting two points into ;a39 then using a http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=217 Since its starts off night time and its high agi low cost it can kill almost any level 2 without any trouble, the only other 5 agi level 2 ive seem so far is haste soldier but that means they are using a ;a38 deck. Which is why I leave 1 SP to revive it in case It doesn't attack first.
Then while all that is happening my second card is http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=36 To back up my first lycan, now when he gets played it wouldnt be night time so they would both be terrible but thats why the next 3 cards I play are http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=226 So I get off to an amazing start, try to hold them to little to no units then try to keep control of the game, also since Suc's are only level 1 Its like I get 1 SP a turn so when I run out I can play some level 3-4 units to try to keep control of the game, Falkow seemed to be the main one where this strategy where this wouldnt work. Which Is why I threw in the Fire Dragons But I kinda wanna find another way to keep ;a38 at bay without wasteing two SS since when I dont play ;a38 im now at a bigger disadvantage.
~Agi Rolls, love them when I win them, hate them when I lose them~
Mikumaga

Re: Trying to find a way to Stop Falkow

Postby jasta85 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 pm

you saw falkow, by falkow do you mean falkow in general or the big blue decks (renally and the emperor). if it's normal falkow decks then you dont need to make anything too special, just be aware of what they can do, if it's big blue then there's a big topic on that already.
jasta85

Postby Logress » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 am

To beat modified Falkow Starters, you actually might have more luck with the ranged Lycanthropes, putting Falkow's ranged and support units in the graveyard quickly can give you a much bigger one-up then just thrashing on the crab (although for most enemies, Fenrir is the superior unit).
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:28 am

you seriously need a good modified starter at least to be able to BEAT a simple falkow starter

---
had to edit
and yes i belive falkow is the best starter
Last edited by Peralisc2 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:26 am

Peralisc2 wrote:you seriously need a good modified starter at least to be able to be a simple falkow starter

I think you misspoke here. I know you believe Falkow's the best starter.
Romdeau

Postby AshenPlanet » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:37 pm

That strategy would fare very poorly vs. A falkow starter that opens with a witch as their first card.
That's how I played my falkow starter account.

Lycans are great vs. Creatures, but fare poorly vs. Return oriented decks.
Don't get me wrong, lawtia does very well vs. Falkow, and my losses from lv1-10 on that account came almost exclusively from lawtia opponents, but the card that hurts falkow more than any other is shade.
Mad priest is also very good vs. Control oriented falkow or falkow starters.
You probably don't want to have both shades and succubus in the same deck.

The thing is, both priests and shades suck vs. Gowan, and lycans can rip gowan apart easily.
Your Lycan deck can do very well vs. Most other decks, but you'll want to keep the sc vs falkow to offset their weakness vs. Them.
On the other side, if you use shades/priests, you'd want to put in souls vs. Gowan as that's their weakness.

So, leave the souls in your deck, if you stay with lycans.
AshenPlanet

Postby Gota » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:56 pm

if they do a witch open, just shade them and then waste the witch with fen+first turn night.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby AshenPlanet » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Yes, that's my point - shade hoses falkow quite well.

Witch (and other falkow control cards) are easy to handle with shades, but having shades and succubusses in the same deck?
That deck better have a lot of lp, because it'll be losing a lot of them with 6 creatures you won't be reviving and less room in your deck for stuff that can actually attack for more than 10 damage...
Lot's of lp means crappy soul abilities.

A better option for lycan is to not use shades and have 3 more cards that can kill creatures and fine tune your souls to better deal with falkow.
If you don't have shades in your lycan deck, you'll want the anti-falkow souls to help out, or at least souls that are universal but generally more effective vs. falkow, like sp drain or assassin souls.
AshenPlanet

Postby Porky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:42 pm

AshenPlanet wrote:Yes, that's my point - shade hoses falkow quite well.

Witch (and other falkow control cards) are easy to handle with shades, but having shades and succubusses in the same deck?
That deck better have a lot of lp, because it'll be losing a lot of them with 6 creatures you won't be reviving and less room in your deck for stuff that can actually attack for more than 10 damage...
Lot's of lp means crappy soul abilities.

A better option for lycan is to not use shades and have 3 more cards that can kill creatures and fine tune your souls to better deal with falkow.
If you don't have shades in your lycan deck, you'll want the anti-falkow souls to help out, or at least souls that are universal but generally more effective vs. falkow, like sp drain or assassin souls.

... Right... anyways, go shades and succubus, time your souls well, Falkow beat down can be tough for lycan decks as you have to predict the turn they return etc and play succubus on turns as soul insurance. But focusing your deck purely on beating falkow in that manner may be a tad extreme, it opens you up to losses against other decks such as gowen rush and big decks.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:31 pm

no counters to return :(
only playing big levels and then in case he has mystere you should either kill it somehow or have a ready undine or sylph with you and hope you kill it before she gets her turn T_T
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Return to Annarose's Sanctum