Can Refess Survive?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Can Refess Survive?

Postby codegeass » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 am

I rcently left the safety of crest and i'm losing alot. Is there any way for refess to survive and still play for free. Or can't Refess hold it's own without paying? I generaly build a good front line and then stall using cassawary king before pumping defence into my front line. I did ok in crest, but now im lucky to win 1/4 matches. Can anyone give some helpful advice on how to buff the file without paying, or do I really need to pay to see any improvement?
codegeass

Re: Can Refess Survive?

Postby Porky » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:21 am

Even if you pay theres no guarantee that Refess willbe competitive, unless you decide to buy a large amount even then I'm doubtful, refess or pure refess without Verlaat or Big refess is pretty weak, you could try mixing and splashing for better results maybe.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby DWildstar » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:46 am

I've managed to make a pretty good medium Refess deck using low rarity cards. It's still hard to compete with big monster decks, but I've still been able to win a fair amount in Folrart. Refess EX and Falkow EX cards definitely help a lot. I think Angel Trumpet and Chiruru were the best additions to the deck, but Cudgel is still kind of hit and miss.

The other low rarity Refess cards I really like are Brutal Inquisitor, Priestess of the Holy Weapon, Legendary Unicorn and Shield Knight actually. I'd say I can win a little more than 50% of the time which is pretty good. Yes Refess benefits greatly from set 2 cards, but not necessarily the higher rarity ones. Having cards with 3 AGI instead of 2 makes a pretty big difference. Inquisition Raid Leader and some other level 2 cards are nice support units too.

So don't give up! Right now Refess needs as many people experimenting with it as possible. When set 2 first came out I was playing Big Refess, but right now I'm doing my best to make a good Medium Refess deck.
DWildstar

Postby codegeass » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 am

DWildstar wrote:I've managed to make a pretty good medium Refess deck using low rarity cards. It's still hard to compete with big monster decks, but I've still been able to win a fair amount in Folrart. Refess EX and Falkow EX cards definitely help a lot. I think Angel Trumpet and Chiruru were the best additions to the deck, but Cudgel is still kind of hit and miss.

The other low rarity Refess cards I really like are Brutal Inquisitor, Priestess of the Holy Weapon, Legendary Unicorn and Shield Knight actually. I'd say I can win a little more than 50% of the time which is pretty good. Yes Refess benefits greatly from set 2 cards, but not necessarily the higher rarity ones. Having cards with 3 AGI instead of 2 makes a pretty big difference. Inquisition Raid Leader and some other level 2 cards are nice support units too.

So don't give up! Right now Refess needs as many people experimenting with it as possible. When set 2 first came out I was playing Big Refess, but right now I'm doing my best to make a good Medium Refess deck.

Thanks for replying and for the advice. But unfortunately i can't use it. I wish i could but i'm a lvl 11 and i dont have any brutal inquisitors, any prestess' of the holy weapon, Angel Trumpets, Chiruru or any inquisition raid leaders and only 1 unicorn. Unfortunately i also bought a booster yesterday that had 3 gowens and 2 lawitas. So it's gunna take me ages to get 3 or even 2 copies of those cards without spending money. Thanks again for replying though.
codegeass

Postby darklogos » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:19 am

I'm not going to tell you the soul skills but this is the deck I'm using right now for reffess. It wins about 3 out of 5 games if I'm on a roll.

Parasan aka fluff ball
Griffen x3
cutol x3
Sphinx x2
Holy dragon x3
Priestess of the Holy weapon x2
Mayleen x 2
spore
burning sun
angel trumpet
recover powerder x3
fair dance
judgement hammer.

I have it set up for griffen to tank for me while I build sp. Most times I can keep 3-4 cards in play. Even if they assasin i got another big but to do somethihng. With sphinx out there i can rez late game now and then. I will be honest this deck and most Reffess meta is weak. This deck has only worked because the assasin soul skills x3+ has gone down just a bit. Reffess needs a shot in the arm next expansion or it will be officially DOA for another 4 months.
darklogos

Postby Nehless » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:53 am

Eternal Morning with Sun and Birth literally OWNS everyone! Seraph auto kills even if you try to return her!
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Grain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:38 am

Looking at everyone's responses, I believe I can safely say that one does need to pay money to be successful with Refess.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Dark logos I am positive I've played against someone who used that deck (exception of 4 star healer)-and it wasn't you. Just thought I'd let you know.

Grain-yeah, the Refess starter sucks. Gowen and lawtia are OK (IMO), but Falkow appears to me to be the best equipped for Folrart.

Nehless, maybe I just got lucky but that deck didn't shut me down. It takes too long to set up. Maybe the iczer who's using this deck has tweaked it some, but it was interesting to experience instead of his usual blue deck.
Romdeau

Postby darklogos » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Day lycan deck needs Velrart and without a succubus like card day lycans are really lacking in viability.
darklogos

Postby jasta85 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:08 am

Nehless wrote:Eternal Morning with Sun and Birth literally OWNS everyone! Seraph auto kills even if you try to return her!

how exactly does this work? seraph can pay 1SP to subtract 30 hp from a unit or pay 4sp to send a 5 or below to the graveyard. they're nice abilities but pricy, not to mention the fact that she's probably gonna be close by units which drains your sp pool.

the angle lycanthrope on the other hand can do 30 base damage to a unit for free (not penetrating damage but still, its free) AND he gives your army +10AT, also for free. between the two i prefer the angle, much less expensive and possibly more useful. seraph just needs a huge amount of SP to work, and even then she is only cost effective vrs things like dalos.

btw, how does seraph autokill even if she's returned?
jasta85

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum