Angel Trumpet vs Estoma, Trumpet really really wins.

Strategies and Card File Construction

Angel Trumpet vs Estoma, Trumpet really really wins.

Postby DWildstar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:17 pm

This morning I had a rather close duel where I figured something out really cool with Angel Trumpet that I now I have to scour the card list to see if it can be applied elsewhere. My opponent had Estoma on his field, and even though I had a pretty strong field presence (and very few cards to play) I decided to angel trumpet him just for the heck of it. My opponent decided to use his action skill doubling his attack and range. Turns out the card took the current attack power and made it PERMANENT! So now he had a 2nd row tank unable to do anything for the rest of the duel. Was rather pleasantly surprised.

Just thought I'd share this nugget. ;th2
DWildstar

Re: Angel Trumpet vs Estoma, Trumpet really really wins.

Postby Logress » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Estoma's power permanently sets his AT = to his present AT x2.
That means if his present AT = 0, then 0x2 = 0.
This should work the other way, too. If you throw a temporary boost from an Armed Citizens on him, it will also make it permanent.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby darklogos » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:14 pm

I had a Mayleen set my attack to zero with him and I doubled it and the same thing happened to me.
darklogos

Postby teasel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:30 pm

so is the thing only with estoma or with other stuff too? i mean that would be kinda broken if you could give all your unit +70 AT by triggering chiruru SS + another AT raising SS and stuff like that... how does it work in that case?
teasel

Postby Logress » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:16 pm

It only works if you have at least one effect that sets your AT to a # permanently, and if that number is based on OTHER numbers, it doesn't matter if those other numbers are permanent or temporary. Make sense?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby teasel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 pm

i think so... if i'm not mistaken there is a japanese card that can switch agi with range or something like that... so based on what you are saying that card could turn a sylphy into a "target unit gets rng+5" ?
teasel

Postby Azul » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:38 am

Already knew this, because I tried doubling with a Wizard Soldier Apprentice next to Estoma and he kept +20 rather than +10. Somehow Armed Citizens didn't occur to me, though. That sounds fun.
Azul

Return to Annarose's Sanctum