Set 3 Card Errata!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Set 3 Card Errata!

Postby DWildstar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 pm

All right, as you may or may not have noticed new card errata have been announced! These changes will be implemented Monday 12/22. Here's a summary (cut and pasted from the errata page)

Refess
Rapid Shot Magic Archer
Values have been changed from:
AGI 2
To:
AGI 3

Action Skill: Rapid Shot Archery
Text has been changed from:
Do [damage: AT 50%] to two random enemy units within range.
To:
Do [damage: AT] to two random enemy units within range.

Lion Baron / Zagar,
Auto Skill: Shield lvl 1
REMOVED

Action Skill: Slash
ADDED

Kesaran Pasaran, Statistics
HP 20
AGI 2

To:
HP 10
AGI 3

Defensive Manuvers, Open Skill: Defensive Manuvers
Choose one friendly unit. For this turn, another friendly unit's DF equals the DF of the originally chosen unit.
To:
Choose one friendly unit of level 3 or lower. For this turn, another friendly unit's DF equals the HP of the originally chosen unit.

Lawtia
Shade, Open Skill: Dark Temptation
Rival Iczer gets SP-2
To:
Rival Iczer gets SP-1

Chaos Ogre / Dalos, Statistics
AT 20
To:
AT 10

Falkow
Water Emperor / Legrye, Statistics
HP 130
To:
HP 70

Discuss!
DWildstar

Re: Set 3 Card Errata!

Postby Gota » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Legrye got hit really really hard.

I think Renally is the biggest problem unit in all of set 2, even the poll showed it, wonder why she isn't nerfed. I think she should be nerfed a bit and Legrye should get some of its HP back.

With Dalos, Shade, Legrye nerfed, Renally is going to be abused even more than ever.

Then again, we don't know what is coming from set3, so maybe there are some stuff in there that will justify these changed... And maybe since the errata isn't till monday, that the Renally nerf hasn't been decided on yet?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby ManiacalSoul » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:01 pm

My thoughts:

Refess:

RMA: This buff is long overdue. Now she actually becomes a viable card. I'm thinking w/either armed citizens, magic weapon or some of the atk buff souls, espec since her action skill only costs 1 sp.

Zagar: Auto skill was useless anyway, now he gives refess, along w/RMA, some much needed AOE attacks.

Kesaran Pesaran: 3 agi is not fair trade for becoming sal bait when his aciton skill still csots 2, if it had cost 1, it wud be a faster owl sage and an even trade.
EDIT: .. i for some reaosn thot orignally that his action skill got reduced cost... i misread... So this nerf now makes no sense to me.

Defensive Maneuvers: Was useless before, might see some use now say w/a big tank in front and lapierre, RMA, lycan angel, or other refess ranged units behind. At lvl 1 its also quite splashable for use with say... Renally, or folrart spiked shield knight.

Lawtia:

Shade: Where did this come from? I don't agree with this one... Now shade is only slightly better than wisp, it can't stop action skills effectively and isnt much of a threat to most decks now. Also allows a first turn skip to guarantee being able to play a lvl 3 2nd turn.

Dalos: He deserved it, can't 1-shot a lot of stuff now.

Falkow:

Legrye: This one seems excessive... he becomes unplayable now because hes so pathetically fragile for his cost.

Overall Refess got some much needed buffs but the nerfs on some of the other cards were either unnecessary or somewhat excessive.
Last edited by ManiacalSoul on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Gota » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:09 pm

The nerf on the shade changes the game dramatically, since now first turn skip is actually very usable opening without the fear of shades.

Now even if the opponent first turn shades, it is still possible to 2nd turn lv3. Totally changing the opening game by opening a new path. Almost makes shade seem useless now.

Then again, it might be a good thing to do this and add variety to new strategies.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:11 pm

nerfs&buffs i like :

I really like the legyre nerf! :P
Afterall that guy disables all your level 2s in your card file. No comment here. :D

also i agree with the change done on Defensive Manuvers
______
nerfs&buffs i totaly disagree with :

Well since shade got his openskill changed, i feel like changing sphere next set. >_>
-2 SP was just the right thing to make him equal to undine or sylph
Now i might change shade for a decent level 1 splash.
(this is a really bad change, makes shade more useless than wisp) - maybe make it so that the iczer can have negative SP, then shade wouldnt be overnerfed

I dont like RMA's skill change, she can do AT damage to 2 units, not 50% of her AT. T_T Maybe increase the SP cost.
+
Lion Baron was fine as he was and i dont understand the row damage change, since refess has saber saint already and few column damage dealers.
Not sure, but probably you guys will make refess worse than gowen just because of the massive amount of pity people ask for. >_>
________
nerfs&buffs i am not sure about or dont know what to say or lets say people shouldnt care about:

Hm, well i dont care about the dalos nerf, but renally is just falkow's dalos, so she probably deserved a nerf too if dalos got one?
Also you could leave dalos as he is, i never play dalos, but i must say he is badass only if he is used in a good combo and correctly used!
Same as renally ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Legrye is fragile (for a dragon) but all his big blue "mechanics" are intact. We'll see how this pans out in the meta, but I think Big Blue is still viable but with a slightly longer setup. He still has big range, so you just need to be more careful about protecting him.

Shade was probably chosen for two reasons. One, there was just an enormous number of them in play. I can tell you that I had at least one in 100% of my decks, and they were all Falkow and Refess decks. If everyone feels they have to play him either to backlash or whatever when they're not even playing Lawtia, that makes it a likely target for nerf. See the thread (I think it was Dan's) on the great spirits. I think that another reason is that he's just so much easier to play then Zu-jyva's open skill (which is kind of the point of Zu-jyuva) or the Dragon of the Mercurial Night which no one was using. Shade still is useful for disrupting action skills, and will still stop someone from using a 1 SP action skill and summoning a Great Spirit on the same turn.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Hot damn, the Japanese seriously dropped some bombs here! As said previously, shade is much less menacing and I don't fear losing a turn's worth of my spare change in 1 turn! I'm not sure how I feel about it in the long run, but I think it's a good thing. Wow, looks like Refess finally got the buffs it's been waiting for. Now Zagar calls in the roflcopter for some HUGE slash damage-this guy is a bigger threat than before now. Thank god for the Dalos nerf-seriously, he deserved it. I think the nerf on Legyre was too steep-the other dragon emperors are not nearly as fragile. I agree the nerf was a callin, but really-50 hp cut off? Don't really care too much about the puffballs-not really game changing really (except for the salamander bait thing).
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:34 pm

-60HP rom^2 =P

are there any plans for nerfing Renally, Logress?
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:37 pm

But do you realise that refess just got few buffs against low level decks? Not something against big stuff. Not sure if thats good or bad, depends how this version of the set 3 looks like.

What bothers me is if they will give refess too much attention.

And logress, why dont you guys also nerf sylph / undine? With shade gone you'll just see the falkow spirits overused :/
That actualy was more than a nerf, that made shade useless ...

well legyre maybe should have as much HP as the dark emp
that would make those 2 overall even, but the recycle mass dryads skill would still be too badass, so probably its ok
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby teasel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:39 pm

well zu-zyhawhatshisname has 90 HP,that's not what i would call but still yeah i too think the nerf was too big... i mean now if i want to bounce level 1 stuff why i should play legrye when water dragon does the same for 110 HP? i understand that if you played return + cyclone you would spend a total of 7 SP so in that sense legrye is a bargain but still...

(funny thing here is that i play gowen so i should be happy if they nerf legrye :P)

also regarding shade personaly i have never feared it that much... it's not uncommon to use all your SP (or all your SP except 1) before he hits... not to mention that for all your SP draining need there is still WotC and succubus which do the job a lot better... i'm amazed nobody still have cried a nerf over assasin SS (maybe i shouldn't have said it :( )
there was a reason the guy was SP-2 and it was to give some sort of duality to wisp SP+2... when magic started there was a similiar cycle of spells that you paid 1 for getting 3 of something... they made thing at random without tought and *BAM* they made an overpowered card
teasel

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum