Set 3 Card Errata!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Set 3 Card Errata!

Postby Phades » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Another bad thing is that the shade soldier dosnt drain an automatical 1 SP /turn, neither does it do -2 SP to rival iczer for 1 SP.
I see shade soldier being used in some extintion variant where it is draining SP durring the SS phase and being recycled via rutina and healing priest or +sp combo revival SS, while using shades as the "sacrifice" for the SS triggers. Outside of that i would say it is relatively useless. Of course they could have just nerfed shade to have a close effect instead of open and switch it with the shade soldier... :roll:
Phades

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Well the part that really makes no sense is why didnt they nerf return if they nerfed shade?

You have to time shade to prevent units from comming out, while return can be used right after the unit got out! ^_^
3 Shades do -3 SP for 3 SP but it takes 3 turns to do that, the level 3 return does -3 SP for 3 SP and can totaly ruin your oponent's timing and it takes 1 turn to do that! With the overnerfed shade its very easy to get your return out.

Anyways the complaint about the soldier had another reason. Check the other soldiers and see their cool abilities, even the refess one does double the effect of the wisp for 1 SP!

I thought lawtia is all about timing and to mess with your oponent's timing. But it seems falkow can do much better.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Phades » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Well the part that really makes no sense is why didnt they nerf return if they nerfed shade?

I'd go the route of will o wisp concepts before looking towards return. The return style parrallel would be assassin.

Outside of SS, there are only +1 or -1 manipulations now excluding the random +2 from meaning of failure and now gaia anaconda, which is also technically a +1 due to the sphere lowering.

The "better argument" would be, "where are my force opponent's sphere levels down skills"?
Phades

Postby Jazzock » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:28 am

The "better argument" would be, "where are my force opponent's sphere levels down skills"?

Stronghold of Chaos, Dire straits (i wish i had one :lol: ), the OP nue, and the card we could've got in some promotion and no one uses...
Ultimate analyst/ Fran
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=961

as for the shade vs return argument, technically shade is 1 lp to drain 1 sp. Shade can also be used with Assassin ss to 'drain' more. Return is also easier to stop coming out then shades, being lvl 3 instead. but then again returns provide immediate field advantage...in a sense. as for playing against falkow with lawtia, well timed and positioned shades can really annoy a falkow player assuming you get rid of their owl sage of course :roll:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Icyglare » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 am

Jazzock wrote:

Stronghold of Chaos, Dire straits (i wish i had one :lol: ), the OP nue, and the card we could've got in some promotion and no one uses...
Ultimate analyst/ Fran
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=961

Dude, their comments were made in 2008, before all of this. Hex just necro'd this thread.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 am

Why did they nerf KP?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Why did they nerf KP?

He got Owl sage treatment, except that he is refess.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 am

They wanted to buff him by making him faster. Instead of taking away attack they took away hp.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Romdeau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 pm

I dunno is it better for an sp generator to go faster or slower?
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Salamander
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum