Possible decks for Pretender to the Sun / Alphonce

Strategies and Card File Construction

Possible decks for Pretender to the Sun / Alphonce

Postby onegin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 am

Could anyone suggest nice deck using Pretender to the Sun / Alphonce :), Get it from lvl up and Champion serial.
onegin

Re: Possible decks for Pretender to the Sun / Alphonce

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

there is my alphonce and annarose file currently at 43 wins 16 losses. There is a replay of the file in extensions video library.

Edit: so I think i deleted that video, but anyways it opens refugee citizen refuse, proxy, then moxy, soul pact, gaurdian, virus miku, annarose, alphonce, and lelein.
monkeysmiles11

Postby fargone » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Alphonse work well in mid-big refess. I can see ppl complaining when alphonse starts pulling True Retear out of cem (except maybe mid-big lawt players). Remember also that his skill is not range dependant, so as long as you can maintain the lawtia levels, he can bomb the opponents field from any row.

He also teams up very with inquisitor acolyte, which can also unlock many options for units like healing priest to work with lawtia. Just putting that out there...
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Technically, anything is possible. I think you mean "practical"
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am

fargone wrote:He also teams up very with inquisitor acolyte, which can also unlock many options for units like healing priest to work with lawtia. Just putting that out there...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Just got my fun file.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 pm

So instead of making my own thread I thought I'd just revive this one.
I actually wanted to wait until I receive the pointcards from the 5/7, so I can get my third Alphonce, but I was quite pleased with my results so far, so I decided to post up my meager results for our unloved Set 10 Refess 5*.

I tried different variations of Alphonce files, ranging from a offensively minded, with Fistara and Aliria, to a more control minded, with Safiria/annarose, until I settled with the current one (Which was yesterday).

I tried using it with Inquisitor Acolyte from Set 9, but as Gosky pointed out to me, it takes a while to field, and is rather slow building up, so the flow of the overall file felt very unnaturally slow.
A pure Solar kingdom file, much like the one Kemious is playing, with Safiria, Fistara and Aliria, worked (21/4, if I recall correctly), but it felt rather boring and it didn't quite meddle into the lawtia territory the way I wanted it to (Really, the Lawtia was only good for alphonce).
I also (don't shoot me) tried Logress' idea of Kaldrao + Folrart Scout combo, especially since the scout generates lawtia levels, but it's so unreliable and unspectacular that I might as well just use refugee>limier.
I know that monkey plays a different version altogether, with Annarose and Lelein + Rutina, and that he was rather successful at it, and Lecaf also played some variant.
After a lot of meddling I decided to add Fortune, even though I completely forgot she even existed until I saw Kem's file. I also removed Refugee citizens (They just clunk into your Graveyard and make Alphonce's cemetery retrieval more or less a trial and error) and replaced it with EX: Beneficent Priestess, and out came the file I am currently using.

So far the only file I have lost to was a rather nice Buncle file, and the only complaint I have is that it still feels very clunky and is somewhat lacking in sacrificial units (I mostly use Judie and EX: beneficent for soul skills). I'll probably change some more stuff, exchange units, Soul skill lineup, maybe add some more Lawtia flavor, but I thought I might post it up here to get some feedback.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 pm

You don't need 3 of that worthless Fortune, drop one. Also you want another Tank, maybe one for end game. Might I suggest General Zagar?
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, thing is, I USE fortune as a tank, or rather as a grim, I play her, and place her front row, so she dies and I can replay her. Noob 101.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Are there any level 1-2 lawtia cards that fit this deck nicely?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby skillll7 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm

I like using Mediator to boost Judie attack :O
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum