Rate my file please, i'm starting now, need some help

Strategies and Card File Construction

Rate my file please, i'm starting now, need some help

Postby Fireseal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 am

I'm starting now (lvl 9), and got my hands in some cards and modified my refess starter, so it got like this:

3x Folrart Knight Captain
3x Folrart Lady Paladin
2x Servant of the sun/ Safiria
2x Pretender of the sun/ Alphonse
2x Folrart Guardian
2x Refugee citizen
2x Magic Musician
1x Raise Shield
1x Cure
1x DF Manuevers
1x Oversoul
1x Sunbeam Cage
1x Recovery powder
1x Flanking attack
1x Lost Tome

Any ideas how i can make it better? thanks for anyone who helps or read this :D

P.S.: I know that i have so many grim, but i don't like the other units cards, think they're weak, i'm waiting to see if i can get lapierre's legion, I'll put Lapierre EX and Sunlight Knight.
"And may chaos come to you, so that you fall in despair and that in the end you admit that hope is like fool's gold, endowed of such beauty, but no value"
Fireseal

Re: Rate my file please, i'm starting now, need some help

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 am

This is actually pretty good for a beginner file. Using magic musician with guardian and Refess units is a very good strategy. Yeah you hinted at it but I think you need to take out some of those grims and add another key lvl 3 or lvl 4 unit to the file.

Also what do your souls look like?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Fireseal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:05 am

Boy combat priest (i start with Ref. Cit. to trigger the SS, so i can make Forlrart Captain, Safiria and Folrart Guardian, in this order)
Undine (to slow some fast enemy cards)
Ghoul Mage (to heal and do damage)
Inquisition Raid Leader (just for 2 lp)
and Rapidshot magic archer (to wipe something from the field)

That's what i use, thinking about modifying it too
"And may chaos come to you, so that you fall in despair and that in the end you admit that hope is like fool's gold, endowed of such beauty, but no value"
Fireseal

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 am

Boy combat priest is a really good first SS. There are a LOT of different ways that you can modify your soul line up to customize your file. Some people like to use lots of damage, some people like to use assassins or removals, some people like healing or defensive things. If you're ever not sure, you could always just put in something like Scylla SS (engage random, do 40 damage) or anything with targeted damage. You generally can never go wrong with targeted damage.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

Fireseal wrote:Boy combat priest (i start with Ref. Cit. to trigger the SS, so i can make Forlrart Captain, Safiria and Folrart Guardian, in this order)

Oh! Big thing here. You should NEVER start a game with a "tribal buffer." So like in your unit order, DEFINITELY play the guardian first, and then bring in your supporting cards like knight captain and safiria and music musician. If you think about it, you run the risk of having your tribal buffer die, without actually supporting the core of your file.

That change alone should really help you a lot.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Fireseal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks for the hint, so i'll change the the captain with the lady paladin, i'll give it a try.
For the SS, i'm thinking about focusing in sp generation, so i can play alhonse and hit with skill while I still put cards on the field.
One last question, i have ONE copy of folrart veteran paladin, shoul i put it in or wait to get more copies?
Fireseal

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am

For a file like you have there, using lvl 5 units would probably not help at all. Vet pally is an AMAZING unit, but since he is very expensive to play (needing 5SP and lvl 5 Refess) he isn't really a great fit for a more rush oriented (rush = units lvl 4 and below) file.

And yes, Lapierre's Legion will be a massive mass upgrade to your file.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Boy combat priest is a really good first SS.

I can only highlight this, because it is very important when playing Refess. +2 SP soul skills can save your neck at times.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Fireseal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 am

I guess the only thing to do now is get gran to buy Lapierre's Legion
Thanks for the help.
Fireseal

Postby Fireseal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am

i'll try go get lycan seraph to put in SS in place of boy combat, with 3 refess, i get one more sp to spend, so i'll do Ref cit., lady paladin, safiria, guardian and then captain (or first magic musician to buff), that way i don't have to wait one turn to get +2 sp to play a lvl 3
Fireseal

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum