What to do with the Clown?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: What to do with the Clown?

Postby Anima13 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 pm

enjoy the jokes and applaud at the end of the show.
Anima13

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Play him as one of a kind. When opponent plays big, early iczer your socks off then play him same time as bigs
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Bigs are pretty rare.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Combo it with Deep Squid and hope to kill 2/3 units each turn?
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Alan Shore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:01 pm

In front row of a WK with units with good skills (dion, owl...) or units with 0 atk but a bonus when it's their turn (Rapier Fencer of Regus, Magic Greatsword Soldier...) or in combo with snarf for the switch attack. The first close skill is a shame.
Alan Shore

Postby tdtd9 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Send the last card (closest to lower right) in your File to the Cemetery if it's a character. Then, return a random unit to its card file and send this unit to the Cemetery.

... it doesn't seem to specify any limitations on this skill
also... i'm guessing this unit cems itself after returning
am i right in thinking that this card may return itself? :shock:
tdtd9

Postby wakka9ca » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 pm

The way it's worded, it can return itself I think.
wakka9ca

Postby Anima13 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:06 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:Combo it with Deep Squid and hope to kill 2/3 units each turn?

It's too easy to disrupt. opponent targets the clown accepting the attack debuff and tanks the hilarious 40 dmg that deep squid dishes out as lvl6. you cannot protect a 30 hp unit that well in a nonrush type deck especially not midgame (and no way it gonna work early game, end game I dont have to discuss I guess). And the 3sp skill is just.. no thanks. As a mid big falkow you have already huge issues to gain control over the field. You can not field squishy units for that. That cat is not a mid/big thats for sure.

one could think about a support for plundering pirate but dub is just much much better for that.
I don't see any of the cards in expack really good for that card.

There are many falkow cards that look good on the first sight with this (I was thinking eg about strom wizardess and battlemage of regus ) but the thing is with 30 hp all you have to do is target this card and the rest of your units becomes useless.

And for WK he is just not worth at all. WK needs card retreaval and survivality much more than dmg support, and for working in a lvl4 he doesnt give much benefits at all. Gosh even Vordore and Rozari does more for WK then this card (In case you dont want to use Volfied...).

I think this is also something more general about sorcerers. They all have a joke hp not giving you any kind of security to your field presence at all, capped low attack, spintensive and on a top of it offensive with absolute no control potential. The squishiness stands absolut in no relation to the offensiveness (=fieldwipe on next turn) and the general perfomance of these cards. I just dont get this tribe in general ...
Anima13

Postby Honest-Red » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm

He goes along with augments and chaos lawtia/falkow. Combos with False Mother, Augmented Sorcerer, Red Phoenix - South, Corruption, Ex-Forest Sorceress. He's not meant to survive. You use his action to set high Hp enemies below 40. Get him to close, and use False Mother to target any enemy at attack 0 and do 40 direct. I want to make this work but I don't have the game experience to construct a competitive file.
Honest-Red

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 pm

You dont have experience bc thatll never work and if it does, killing a unit for all that work is not worth it.
Like rom said, they just released this unit as is. It was a design failure in jp. It only sold in jp bc of an op ss which was nerfed coming here. No intentional combos like with Rivera.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum