What to do with the Clown?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: What to do with the Clown?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Most "combos" you might think are inferior to the "click attack" strategy.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Fierte+Return=OPest combo ever.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Not really
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm

The new card. My phone autocorrects to Rivera quite annoying
Icyman2

Postby Dean » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Icyman2 wrote:You dont have experience bc thatll never work and if it does, killing a unit for all that work is not worth it.
Like rom said, they just released this unit as is. It was a design failure in jp. It only sold in jp bc of an op ss which was nerfed coming here. No intentional combos like with Rivera.

Im curious. What is clown SS in jp?
Dean

Postby ghin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:25 pm

picture = a lot of words

ghin

Postby yamyam » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 am

i'm not sure, but that "call" skill seems good to combo with some cards...

maybe you can use gaieshart skill to eat him, kill 2 enemy units, and no one have any AT to kill your gaieshart? and what's the answer if your opponent use that combo on you? COTC!! and that means you can also use him with you COTC!! I dare you to try that!

and i'm not really sure, but that "fold" skill is preventable by putting 1 useless non-char card on the lowest right of your file and never use it. at least that's how i read it.
Image Image
yamyam

Postby Haqua » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

yamyam wrote:and i'm not really sure, but that "fold" skill is preventable by putting 1 useless non-char card on the lowest right of your file and never use it. at least that's how i read it.

The issue becomes, why would you want to toss out a perfectly good file slot? It's not like discarding cards to the Cemetery serves any you any good since alteil isn't a card draw based game. The only thing I can think of that make use of that is like... Foltart Berserker, and those cemetery x def SS.
Haqua

Postby Honest-Red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:19 pm

The problem isn't that he doesn't work with druids/abyssal forces. It's that some themes just don't work competitively at the pace of other files. Let me clarify that; by not enough in-game experience. I mean that I have a lot of responsibilities/time constraints. I've had an account for approximately two years now. I'm just lucky if I'm able to complete things that are easier for people with more free time. Like: 5 of 7s and collection events. But, I also have things like loose cash, so I'm able to buy into something without blinking when I do manage to get to Alteil for a consistent amount of time. So I have somewhat of a collection and enough knowledge on how to play it/how card work. I just can't do things like test a deck in 10 matches to tweak it to the curremt meta. Like I mentioned - I'm lucky to get 1 game in for 5 days straight.

But yeah: I wasn't suggesting; Hey! Through all these situationally handy theme cards into a file! I just meant - Clown has potential to work with. Falkow/Lawtia. A good place to start would be things that go with Druids, Red Phoenix, Corruption, as his skills and such work in similar ways.

I'm looking at him in the perspective of where the GMs seem to be taking the game... Poorly leading it in a direction.. but at least it's an idea.
Honest-Red

Postby Honest-Red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:21 pm

lol Did you think of maybe putting a Invisible Druid in the bottom/right slot? So you know... he'll return to the file. So if you had 2 of them in your file. You could work something where you're opponent would have to guess which druid is out.
Honest-Red

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum