What to do with the Mecha?

Strategies and Card File Construction

What to do with the Mecha?

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:24 am

I figured I might as well ask around (Gon style), Granverion, while not as useless as Gardia, seems to be severely lacking in some regards, yet I see him around a lot.
What do you guys think about him?

I think he suffers from the poor def-related stat conversion, and while he CAN snowball, he will be utterly slow (thanks to agi drain) and fragile with 50 HP.
On the other side of the spectre, the longer he stays on the field, the less probable it is that his counter skill will fire off, so you're practically forced to use his action skill while he can still move.
I'm not sure I would use him as a tank over, say Veteran Paladin, or damage disher over things like Catira and Fistara.
I tried to make a Mech-file similiar to monkey (yet again), but so far I can't find any justification to play a level 5 in a file of level 3s, especially with a bad supporter like Regus Engineer.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Re: What to do with the Mecha?

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:02 pm

This card was just badly designed.

I miss the day Refess got OP ex cards. :l
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby CainHyde » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 pm

GOSCAR wrote:I miss the day Refess got OP ex cards. :l

The last thing I need from alteil is the day where I hate Refess (ex) card more than anything. :evil:
A little bit op is fine.
But not old Ex Lappierre or Kaldrao kind of OP.
Better share the op-ness to the other non-ex Solar Kingdom card.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:09 pm

But he starts with static 20 defense, that's basically 70 hp. Felice can't assassinate him unless her attack gets buffed by magic sword or whatever.

He won't win matches by himself but he'll be there on field, having presence.

Of course he have that traditional stupid weakness to return grims. But that means they gotta avoid attacking him or dish out 100s damage to one shot him.
Callonia

Postby Muklas » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:07 pm

That static 20 defense is why he is even worth a second look.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

He somewhat reminds me of giant arthepleurid, a hard to kill tank that can become unstoppable if the opponent doesn't have an answer for it. Arthepleurid's basic function is stalling the field while you gather sp, so it might be the same for granverion. The important part there is that you don't need to use the action skill to keep him fielded (his level won't go below 4 and thus he's somewhat safe against returns) and you're free to use rest when he gets hit, so you can stall a long while against some opponents. I think he'll do best in a big file. The downside is that in big gowen you can use open skills to kill stuff like urgrant before they kill your arthepleurid, for refess it might not be as easy.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 am

I have to admit, that kind of approach isn't too far from what was probably intended.
I tried using him in a Big refess/ Marduk style (Starmanderless), and have to say he is not BAD as a tank, since he can downright null certain units and hold the field as a sort of "Anti-iczer" unit, but he still spectacularly fails (relatively for his level) against anything that can either null defense or surpass it, due to relatively low HP and abyssal slowness.
And his disengaging counter, while useful on a fast unit like thorned battle diva, is almost useless on a unit with -7 agi unit with 50 def (Granted, it is most certainly intended to be used for his start skill). On the other hand he is the first refess unit that can properly kill those pesky Battle Kesaran Pasarans that are overwhelming Folrart since their arch-enemy, the Battle Owl sage, has been nerfed to uselessness.

All in all I'd say he is OK for some matchups, but utterly fails in others (I'm tempted to say "most", but your mileage may vary).
On that note, why exactly can a unit get -7 agi? Or any negative amount of agi for that matter?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby CainHyde » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am

Shirozaki wrote:On that note, why exactly can a unit get -7 agi? Or any negative amount of agi for that matter?

So Mystere can return them without using Undine.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby fargone » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:52 pm

have you tried him with kaldrao?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Honest-Red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Have you tried using him with Primrose and/or agility buff unit?
Honest-Red

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum