Rivarre -> Jack of all trades but master of none

Strategies and Card File Construction

Rivarre -> Jack of all trades but master of none

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Sooo, I`m trying to think of how to make Rivarre good and it`s got me stumped...

I think something went wrong along the way... I think maybe she`s supposed to be a magic doll? not mage soldier. with magic doll subtype you can use her with the others to at least make her decent.

But as she stands she kinda fails -> sure she can become the same stats as magic doll fencer for a level 2... but would u really want to use a level 2 when u can just play a level 3? (do u really wanna get Faytis/tidal`d/cycloned? or worse, BKR`d?)

What happens to her when she closes??? does she retain her form when she opened? it would really suck say she started slayer mode, then u revived her and she had no mode and was stuck with 40 hp 1 agi... no more close skill.

for her gimmicks, she really is too sp intensive. I feel that => maybe on close, u would send her directly to grave and refund sp (ala Ellie) or give her free revive. And then in spy mode, she needs 0 sp iczer attack.

cuz seriously... who wants a 40 hp 40 atk 3 agi unit? haven`t u guys learned by now that no one uses magic doll fencer?
and slayer mode needs to raise her atk to 40 as well, cuz 60 atk close skill isn`t going to help much (because it`s a terrible idea to kill a unit by sacrificing ur own, unless you have a way to revive/retrieve them)

but anyways, has anyone used her yet with success?
ErnnLaties

Re: Rivarre -> Jack of all trades but master of none

Postby tdtd9 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 pm

she seems to work well in UD lv 2 lawtia rush - 40hp/40at is rare amongst lv 2
she just isn't spectacular.
tdtd9

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 pm

All "forms" remain after reviving so she is a rather unique unit.
"While Retear in his previous state was certainly powerful, we felt that his skill set was not particularly satisfying to use..." A.K.A. he was too Refess for Refess.
GOSCAR

Postby Logress » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm

If you're worry is not having a way to retrieve her when she dies... she is Abyssal Forces... and Word of Dalos is a 1* card. Also Lawtia LV2 rush generally is cool with spending an SP to Iczer here and there.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby ErnnLaties » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:39 am

so u mean to tell me Rivarre was designed to be used with lawtia level 2 rush... I guess

IDK, I`ve always been more a fan of mid files -> level 4 and 5 with a few level1 or 2 thingies in there...
but I don`t think lawtia has the OP OP of other spheres in the level 4 department (my fav. level for units)

and if u intend to word o dalos, better give her that free revive xD cuz it`s no guarantee that she will oneshot anything with that 60 dmg, 80 if ur lucky and pact her
ErnnLaties

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:32 am

ErnnLaties wrote:cuz seriously... who wants a 40 hp 40 atk 3 agi unit? haven`t u guys learned by now that no one uses magic doll fencer?

Um, I use Fencer alot. Well, used to when I was spamming magic dolls last year for fun. She good.
Callonia

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 am

She's pretty good. Having a 2 LP iczer gives you some early pressure. The close kills off lots of lvl 4-5 units, and with a rats it's even better.
LoneKnight

Postby ErnnLaties » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 am

so... seriously? a level 2 lawtia rush... sigh! why can`t I ever win with good looking cards being useable in files i like playing
ErnnLaties

Postby Haqua » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 am

She's reasonably stated for her level 2 status, and obviously she's my favorite card, so i'll try to make this work some how. I have something in mind since building a deck around 1 card is not exactly the best way to approach this, my thought process is based on what she can compliment. Going to need a tournament so i can have access to card to tinker with.
Haqua

Postby serfiusstyx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Could someone post all her abilities?

My font or resolution doesn't seem to allow for long bodies of text in my cards.
Earn Points...buy Ultimate Game Cards...for 0$
For the Free Player.
serfiusstyx

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum