point cards

Strategies and Card File Construction

point cards

Postby Godric » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:08 am

okay, normally I save up my point cards for my lvl ups so it's more likely for me to get something useful, however this last time the choice was easy for 1 copy of Volfied, and now I've got a stock of 100 point cards saved up and I don't want to wait another 10 lvls before my next choice. I want to use them so they're not sitting around gathering dust but I'm not really sure what to get. I've got a few ideas and wanted some advice

5*s
Aliria, BKR and Mirelia I've only got 2 copies of each. I've used them in files before, but 3 copies would certainly be better for just about all of them. Aliria probably less so, seeing as she's a support unit (except for my royalty file).
Bringer is another I've only got 2 of, but I think he's fine as is.
Animus is the only proxy I don't have yet, however now with the moxies I can see the proxies use dwindling a bit. Although I think it's worth mentioning that I've really only got 2 moxies so far, and Crest Saboteur Knight isn't one of them.
Lion General Zagar is a really fun card as an end game Refess unit, and I've only got one copy of him so far but I'm not sure if he'd be a good investment

4*s
Diondora, I've had 2 copies of her for the longest time and I can easily see how a third could help, however she's at the point where point carding starts to get a little inefficient, when you jump from 30 at 3*s to 50 at 4*s. Also at this stage, it's going to be unlikely for me to get another any other way because 4*'s kinda sit in that hard to get spot.
Mizalio I've only got 1 copy of, but I've always wanted to get another 2 for his unique SS and build a file around it. Once again though, it's expensive, and right now I'm not really sure what I'd do with him. Still like the idea though

3*s
Kurina. My god, everyone and their dog has this card, but I only managed to get my first copy during the most recent collecting event, and she's pretty useless with only 1 copy.
Antilla, once again only 2 copies. I've tried using her with only 2, but with her frail form and high priority, she's often dead before I can do much with her. I can see how a third copy would help, but then again I haven't really been using her recently so I'm not sure I've got a spot for her right now. Maybe if I've got the full set however.
Aivault, 2 copies, fragile without a third, but I've gotten him to last with only 2 before. Three would just make it easier.
Ascarat, this is a big one... kinda. If I get a 3rd Mirelia, I really need a 3rd Ascarat too. I've got a file I'm trying to use, but with an unlucky roll even the NPC's can wipe out them while I've only got the two copies of them. the way I play the file, I find that I'm often leaving these two alone on the field to fend for themselves, though sometimes leet fencer joins in too. They can survive with a combination of forbidden book and Oversoul, but it leaves them pretty vaulnerable with only 2 copies.

So, those are my thoughts on what I should be getting, any suggestions from those more experienced? :D
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Re: point cards

Postby germbuster1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 am

You definitely have to put in the files you use. and like using.

put in your first choices down to the last possible choice you will probably get..

at this point..

i'd still go with diondora-> -> emana-> mirelia-> ...
germbuster1

Postby Icyglare » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

If you really want two Kurina's, I say just burn the 1000 gran instead
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Mykenae » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 am

I'd say go grimcounts all the way. Mirelia and Ascarat together may not make a top tier file, but it's both playable and fun to play.
Mykenae

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 am

I'd only spend my point cards if I really needed a card to fill in a whole for a certain deck type. Otherwise, it's not worth it since the card would just be sitting around (much like the point cards you spent). Patience is a virtue, you never know what might come out with a new prebuilt, or what might be drawn from a free lotto that could change your priorities.

So like germbuster stated, it'd be useful to know what files you're working towards and which you currently play that you're looking to upgrade.

Scientiafide

Return to Annarose's Sanctum