Help getting to 1900

Strategies and Card File Construction

Help getting to 1900

Postby ohaijohnny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello Alteil community,

I'm an old-ish player who came back after a hiatus (around the time of the vocaloid promotion to now). My maximum RP was 1829 before I left, and I want to make 1900. But, my files are meeting with limited success. So, I want to know, what should I play to get to 1900, and how should I tweak it? The files I can make are:

Gowen Monsters (have jack and dandan but no bkr)
Gowen Pixies
Gowen Bigs (have allind, bringer, etc. but no dilate)

Basically any Lawtia rush (including command dolls), but i have no eskatia or belus

Wizard Kingdom (i DO have volfied)

I don't play Refess.
Discuss please! Once we've picked a file, I will post a list for tweaking. Thanks very much for your help! I'm looking forward to discussing matchups and such in the new meta; getting familiar with it is taking longer than expected.
ohaijohnny

Re: Help getting to 1900

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I think all those files can hit 1900 but mostly it will depend on in game reads and getting better personally.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 pm

1888 and I didn't grind meta.

Big red only good when folrart arena gets dominated by falkow again.
Callonia

Postby ohaijohnny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 pm

If any of these are viable, then I'm thinking Gowen Monsters is my style, nice and straightforward. Here's what I'm running at the moment.

Soul Skills:
Sergis -> Regus Engineer -> RFA -> Assassin -> EX Diosaur

File:
3 Kurina
3 Rhino
3 Gorilla
3 Forest of Hate
1 EX Girl Merc
1 Dryad
2 Salamander
2 Gun Princess Yuni
2 Athira Shin
1 Dragonbreath
1 Miracle Fruit
3 Fire Arrow

How should I improve it, in general? Are there any utility cards i need for certain matchups? Is the Engineer/RFA combo good or bogus?
Thanks again!
EDIT: some matchups i really want to win are urgrant, undeads, guardian/starmander, and new dilate. i realize monsters might not have the space to beat all of those, so if i should be using a different file entirely, please let me know.
DOUBLE EDIT: Callonia, i got 1829 using 3 copies of alvein in a lawtia 4's file, so i feel your anti-meta pain :D . But these are the files i'm currently interested in playing.
ohaijohnny

Postby Ropey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm doing monsters with the Ex Lava king as my UD atm.Seen some players SS to 0, freeze me,hit with huge damage,send off one of my Bigs for their smalls!

Players must be so paranoid of BIGS !

Even so playing my file is such a wiz after stuffy old Orks.

Look over there! Flying in the sky! Dragons! just gotta catch me a small one>>>>>>>>
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Urizen_forum » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

1900 rp viable fiels of the kind you mentioned I play-
lawt rush-2 varients-
same for each
3 shade
3 magic shade soldier
3 lebleu
3 war incarnate inside*
3 undead king zugeratzora$
3 alphonce$
1st varient-
3x booty doll
3x mobility
1x summer
2nd varient-
3x ex cak/hellsmoke(pick ex cak)
3x castle wight(hes the best rng unit **** halberder)
1x mad priest is best imo, can put aome other preference tech in though
*or lelein need some good anti big unit star dragons will **** you
$ the optional endgames are either ex zug+alphonce or moonlight assasin+afel both are good but I think ex zug+afel gives more consistancy
ss-3x galfc 2 lp-either 50 dmg-fellina(helps v bigs and stupid def buff ss{best option if not running lelein/moonlight/afel} or the new foltrat 2lpdmg cem cardsX10 3 lp anchor preferably beast hunter rivera, or folfensanic if running ex zug

wk

varies immensely I will say that shelby song is def worth using, I think atm ex wiz start violet ss first beats cath varients, there just is no tank to play turn 2 post fencer nerfs.

You either need greatsword or rapier fencer, I'm on the wall as to which is best

voly is mutch have

the real decision is weither or not your gonna risk sin, or go with raste,

big red-3 allind 3 bringer 1 sunday bringer 2 sakura(yes 2) 3 rapid growth 1 mof 2 fire arrows 1 bof 1 dbreath(is a must have for talisman mystic) 1 shear winds 1 time stop 1 cyclone (must have)1 pullmeria

then you have options, dilate is muy benificial, volc wyvern doesn't pach enough punch anymore, rasam+2 more stops can be super good, but you are cutting out alot of cards , return is not nessisary nor do I recomend it tbh
Urizen_forum

Postby ohaijohnny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

I like that lawt rush; thats a file i wanted to see because my lawt rush files are always horrible.

And i agree with everything you said about big red, i did one without dragonbreath and got DESTROYED by a talisman mystic.

Question: What do you use alphonce for in your lawtia rush? Is he replaceable? I have no copies unfortunately.

Glad to see some more discussion! I've got some files made now, so let's talk about the meta. I've been seeing dilate all over the place, but other than that all the old standards and tribes are still around. What do you guys think are the most dangerous files with set 10 and ex10 in the mix?
ohaijohnny

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 pm

A good starting point for any lawt rush is this:

3x shade
3x hellsmoke
3x halbred
3x lebeau
1x deaths embrace
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

A endless night with janus has brought me alot of success with about 10lp you just have to be really good at reading opponents move, also I find miku virus to be more of a help than ex CAK. Command dolls have also had a great amount of success with the two additional command dolls in set 10.

One file not talked about alot, but is currently my best preforming file is a lawita/refess file using refess alphonce with the refess/lawita annarose and lelein.
monkeysmiles11

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 am

One big problem with your monsters file, is that you have 3 fire arrow in a non-rankup gowen rush. I would say 1 bof and 1 arrow but even that is pushing it. The souls aren't really standard gowen, but if that's your style I could see that working.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum