Help getting to 1900

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Help getting to 1900

Postby ohaijohnny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 am

I never seem to find the SP for those fire arrows... What would you suggest as a replacement?

And yeah, the SS lineup is weird, but that has been working for me. Although I'm not dead set on it; I prefer kills to returns but I like being able to remove things that can shut down Rhino. Might try something like...
Sergis -> Scylla -> Assassin -> Assassin -> EX Diosaur
...but that's quite risky, unless i get pro with Salamander timing. What other 3rd and 4th SS would you recommend, beyond the standard "do big damage" gowen SS or the standard removals? I like to be a little unorthodox with SS.
ohaijohnny

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

One assassin is good, two assassins in a row, bad. You don't have Asuet or something? Cause you might lose some games cause you'll be behind your opponent by 1SP if they use Asuet first and you don't.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Urizen_forum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm

You don't want to run remival ss in gow rush, I personally think removal ss are in general overrated, tbh I never give a **** when I play big red if something even somtimes allind get removed, And if you play assasin (lol two) in gow rush you are going to lose to falkow soo soo hard, I have two replays here of two different gow rushes vs a big red and a urgrant to show you the general idea, You really just want to iczar attack LIKE A **** which is why I love love love heiratt spy, he is sutch a underrated unit. One is a dullin non fierete one is a lvl 6 both files have 3 fire arrows. And both games are current meta.
[url]
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 80a05fbf43[/url]

https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/auditorium/index.php?id=2230937&code=89eb5ea0811d15d67fc50d29e48e902f
Urizen_forum

Postby ohaijohnny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, I have Asuet. I'm wondering if he would work in the second spot—i like being able to bomb undeads and lycans with Sergis before they can set up.
For my third and fourth spots, I'm thinking assassin and either RFA or Invisible Druid—leaning towards the druid because he lols at iczer attacks. Not sure about what order they should come in yet.

Also, was fiddling with the file in class today and came up with:
3 Rhino
3 Gorilla
3 Kurina
3 Forest
2 Yuni
2 Salamander
1 EX Girl Merc
2 Bringer
1 Sakura
1 Dragonbreath
1 Miracle Fruit/Petrification (depending on SS)
3 TECH SLOTS
So yeah, 3 spots open for a tech or support unit. I'm thinking Felice to take down mammoths and star dragons, but she seems out of place without bkr. Any thoughts on what the last card should be?
ohaijohnny

Postby Urizen_forum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

-1 forest+1 yuni-1 sakura+1 bringer if have 3rd -1 +1 salamander rfa+fruit not inv druid bc of shear winds +1 arrow +1 fairy dance, dance is really good in monsters nice for bof protection and allind/stardragon nukes
Urizen_forum

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm actually going to suggest taking out forest of hate. I honestly think monster files like that work better without it using 3 yuni's as your support card. Asuet-Sergis is standard meta, though I think for most Gowen, Asuet-40x2 or Asuet-larut is better.

Be careful about using souls that require a grim combo. Grim bane is pretty heavy and you don't want to auto-lose to some 1500RP guy just because he uses citizens and makes your 3rd and 4th souls useless.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Whatever file you make in the end I think it is a bad idea posting your entire top file on the forums - so maybe don't post final one as otherwise people can use it against you giving them an unfair advantage - making it harder for you to hit 1900 rp.

Guess it depends on luck too. To reach rp 1900 you need to get a good file and have a lot of good matchups. The quickest but hardest way to do this is to beat loads of high rp players - atleast if you lose you do not lose much. Alternatively you need to beat a lot of lower rp guys for low reward and high punishment for losing. What you will prob end up doing is somewhere in between. good luck

good stats are over rated anyway - at the end of the day they do not mean much - just recognition and personal records whatever that is worth. Personally highes rp is about 1750 not really tried to maximise though- play different files.

Anyway good luck - post if you manage it

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm

More important than your specific file comp, your in game decision making is probably most important. As a small example, one time I was playing WK verse this Urgrant player. So I knew he was going to open Cath. To beat him, I opened owl sage - owl sage and it pretty much gives me a massive advantage early because I can backlash the opponent's owl and also carry the threat of tidaling his Cath.

For your Gowen file, a big determinant of your success is going to be how quickly/slowly you trigger your souls, when you work in your salamanders, and how you manage your SP.

BTW if you're looking for a good tech card, I'd really recommend a single or two copies of Mage Pixy. It can really help you out verse most meta files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Join a guild?Skip to draws etc.Watch paint dry?Lots of other stuff to do.Underdog,fun tourneys that will all give you cards to fill holes in your collection,and point cards so you can pin point and play a file that you enjoy.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum