Post-nerf Ruuca

Strategies and Card File Construction

Post-nerf Ruuca

Postby ohaijohnny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:55 pm

So, since I started playing again after errata, I haven't seen any files with Ruuca in them, but I see pre-nerf threads whining about OP Ruuca.
What i'm wondering is, she still seems pretty feasible as a mini-Shin nuker, so why is she not used AT ALL in Folrart now? Is she THAT bad?
What outshines her, or is there just no file that suits her anymore?
Discuss please!
ohaijohnny

Re: Post-nerf Ruuca

Postby CainHyde » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:28 am

I'm guessing most of those that uses her before just want an easy win, and since she can't give that anymore they are trying to find something else.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Ropey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 am

I fought a file which contained her FSR and stuff from the pre take to the sky.It was a fair game.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 am

People just can't imagine a Ruuca that doesn't auto-win them games anymore. It's unfathomable, too shameful. So they keep her locked up nice and tight in the big black box. Those perverts.
Romdeau

Postby ohaijohnny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 am

In other words, she's still good?
Good.
It's just so weird I haven't seen her played ONCE since I started playing again... Makes me want to use her myself, if I can ever get a set.
ohaijohnny

Postby Romdeau » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 am

Well, now that her God-tier status has been revoked...the usual suspects (spike grinders) don't have a reason to use her anymore. In other words, because she's not broken, she doesn't get widely used anymore. It's that simple. There are some gamers that will play the best thing available to them and that's all they will play. Ruuca used to be that. Now she's not. Unsurprisingly, those people stopped using her.
Romdeau

Postby idol » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 am

Romdeau wrote:Well, now that her God-tier status has been revoked...the usual suspects (spike grinders) don't have a reason to use her anymore. In other words, because she's not broken, she doesn't get widely used anymore. It's that simple. There are some gamers that will play the best thing available to them and that's all they will play. Ruuca used to be that. Now she's not. Unsurprisingly, those people stopped using her.

Look at all those Emenas running around.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby fargone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 am

Romdeau wrote:People just can't imagine a Ruuca that doesn't auto-win them games anymore. It's unfathomable, too shameful. So they keep her locked up nice and tight in the big black box. Those perverts.

It's my skinner's box, and it's purely for research...

...nevermind what she's wearing.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby ohaijohnny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 am

So what tier would y'all say she's in now?
I'm kind of a Spike/Timmy myself, and those big nasty action/start skill combos appeal to me. But at the same time, I wanna win.
Would you say she's still 2000+ tier? 1800-2000? Or worse?
ohaijohnny

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Rom,

That was the best analysis I have seen in a long time. It echoes alot of sentiments I have about the game. Winning take all mentality regarding events, files, etc. etc. Participation should be the number 1 supported notion by management not winning. That is why balance is such a critical point.
However, time and time again we get time consuming grinding events whereby your "success" is judged in terms of wins (see collecting) rather than participating. These are aimed directly at free players for certain and i applaud efforts to allow them opportunities to get cards but not winner take all attitude. Selling Bringer 5 star card to make your file more powerful was another blatant example.
People using "broken" cards to get easy wins ( for what manner of enjoyment I can only guess) earn nothing but utter disdain and lack of respect from me.

I like Rucca better now than before and she is not on UD list so she is still in use.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum