Retro Review.

Strategies and Card File Construction

Retro Review.

Postby Ropey » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:47 am

Just for I bit of fun here,s a review of....Sakura!
A cold hearted bounty hunter out for revenge!!!
I must admit I've not come across that many men like him in my life.Travel is of course expensive,and doubt that he would stay in a bed and breakfast while on his quest.I'm led to believe he is named after cherry blossom?But I digress.

He's that> Far East / Warrior type (oh,yes we all know his type)
Which does mean he gets an agi plus 1 off amazon.

His open is of course Fall of the Hero>Target enemy Character gets HP=0..So how many if any can survive his attempt to collect on their head?

Death to the Hero Soul Skill>Do [damage: 60] to two random enemy Characters.I must admit I've never tried it,but it sounds devastating.With other SS available, unless you have a very limited card pool....

On a side note I am interested in his fight style.Katana are, I would say with my limited knowledge a medium sword.Almost a general purpose sword.Fighting with two?No I just don,t buy it.His second weapon should be dagger length.No longer than his forearm.Which means I could ave him!lol
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Retro Review.

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 am

The second sword,a wakizashi, is usually smaller in length than the katana. I refer you to Miyamoto Musashi. A famous swordsman from the Sengoku Jidai period in Japan and an undefeated duelist. Here is a wiki link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi

In kendo, at level of 4th Dan i believe, you can use Niten style. The smaller shinai is used for defense while the second longer shinai is used offensively.

It is a very difficult style to break.
Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am

Here is a clip from 2007 usa vs japan with good definition. A technique often employed vs. users of Nito is Tsuki (throat strike). You see a nice example of this in the clip.
Hope you enjoy cheers,
AD

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocLl-cfTuCQ
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:28 am

I was about to comment on the wakizashi, but AD beat me to it.

It's not an alien principle, and several korean sword techniques used nitoichi as an inspiration, and I remember reading a few short articles from junichi haga, who was famed for his kendo prowess, regarding that subject in the Eisei Bunko Museum.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

a really good card esp in mid/big gowen - pretty key. Like other sphere mid open guys- fatyis ,night wyern, healer guy, reviewer guy,...

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Return to Annarose's Sanctum