Lawtia File Help pls

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Lawtia File Help pls

Postby ChiYoung » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Urizen_forum wrote:DO NOT BUY PREBUILTS-

The week the release a new pre-built, it's 500 gran, that's a pretty good deal.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 pm

But there might not be any more pre-builts.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 am

Urizen_forum wrote:Also lawt rush with no endgame is a no go

False. If you have an aggressive lawtia rush and you izcer attack a lot, you don´t need an endgame. Though with zugerosa only costing one file space, it's not costly to add an andgame unit, so most people do.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby InsomniJack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 pm

thx for all the infos and sry i diddnt get the time to answer anytime sooner but work took its toll this week and will continue the next week too but quitting is not an option this time ^^ (by quitting i mean alteil not my work XD )

to answer some of the questions:
im lvl27 at the moment
i want to play lawtia as my main
about what style i want is a thought cookie since i diddnt really gave it much thought but there are some that really interest me like the magic dolls and lycanthropes
also i wonder if there is a build centering on cards that can hit many enemys at once? like dalos, alvein and metis

those three are the ones that interest me the most
InsomniJack

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Usually when you're starting out and have a limited card pool, you gotta start with some kind of like patchwork file that's part magic doll part something else.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InsomniJack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

when i get the gp together in wich of the expansions would i find undeads and/or magic dolls the most? or better yet the ones that would help me out faster?
InsomniJack

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm

The wisest thing would be to wait for faction packs as they have both one for undeads and one for dolls. If you are impatient then I would go with the aftermath card set, you can get 3 of the command doll units from there along with hellsmoke, preiestess of madness, and broken priest. (this is what I did back when faction packs weren't even an idead yet)
monkeysmiles11

Postby InsomniJack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm

but there are faction packs atm do you mean those or something different?
InsomniJack

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

yes the faction packs are specific to the type of cards such as undead or dolls. The current ones are by spheres and is limited to the first few sets.
monkeysmiles11

Postby ChiYoung » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 pm

If you want to play lawt, I can tell you a few things about Undead that I've learned:

Strong against:
Pixies, Gowen rush, certain Wizard Kingdom mods (weak to others).
Basically anything that depends mostly on attacking to deal damage and control the field

Weak against:
Undead hate (Max HP stuff like Talisman of distruption, etc.)
Return (then again, who DOESN'T have a weakness to return?)

Undead guys have the ability to keep permanent transformations on their unit stats across deaths. So if you give a undead +10 to attack, it'll keep that even if the enemy manages to kill him. Their close skills mean they don't cost SP to rez, and with units like Priestess of Madness, and Lich, which can return units from the cemetary, they can continue it "almost" indefinitely. (Watch out for that "almost", it's a killer.)

However, this works both ways, because if some one gives them a -20 attack debuff, or a MAX HP debuff, it screws em over.

Undead players have to leverage this by forcing their opponents into a slugfest. Grimbane provide grim protection. Dark Confederation protects against max hp hate (important!). Skeleton archer gives range. Pure terror/Sacrifice instant kills cards.

In terms of file tiers, they aren't OPmana. But they are up there. So if you have the cards and want to try them out, they are definitely worthwhile to play.

Might as well introduce Magic Dolls too.

Hm.... I remember reading on the forums that Magic Dolls, both Command and Normal Variants are very strong, but that no one has ever mastered them.

They depend heavily on synergy, weak early game, and have only average base stats, but once they get rolling they are very strong.

Normal magic dolls play out as a rush file, usually starting out with an Undead to tank, and shades, to proc SS for SP gen and field control. They transition smoothly into mid-game with Sumer to provide rez and buffs, while Magic Doll Mobility protects against Grims, and Soul skills. They are a decent rush file, but I personally prefer WK or Pixies (less SP management required). You can substitute Magic Doll Exorcist for an undead tank, but she and undeads don't play nice with each other.

Command dolls also start out with Undead tank, but the similarities stop there. Instead of Mobility, they toss out White lily and Scarlet Rose. This file is dependent on abilities, so they correct usage of abilities and good SP management is a must. They don't have sumer, so they have to use parts recycle, and they are heavily synergistic. You need to keep them together. Violet x2 is used in both files to provide buffs on levels and atk.

Overall, Magic Dolls are difficult to play, but rewarding to master... if you can, that is.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum