alphonse/annarose file help

Strategies and Card File Construction

alphonse/annarose file help

Postby Rougefox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 am

I'm mainly not sure about the SS line-up, but suggestions for the rest of the file would be greatly appreciated as well.

SS:
Asuet (40dmg 1sp)
EX: Elneith (40mhp hate to 1-3 targets)
Cudgel (50 atk/def)
Cudgel (was thinking maybe cait sith here as way to get annarose back while i have just the 1 alphonse)
Cudgel

mainly have the 3 cudgel cause i'm not sure what else i could use instead

Units/Characters:
1x Pretender Alphonse (only have 1)
3x Lady of Conflict Annarose
3x Honor of the Lion/Zagar (could also maybe do 3x Aivault since have 2 knights on the front line, but prefer zagar due to safiria/annarose engage and alphonse agi2 disengage)
3x Safiria
3x Folrart Guardian
3x Crest Lady Paladin
2x Mediator of Sun and Moon (contemplating putting in verlaat&eskatia[great with zagar,always noon] in place of this if get proxy, but currently only have 1 copy)
2x Folrart Scout (think i would replace with Limier if i ever get one)
1x Emerald Carbuncle
1x Crest Orderly

Grimoires:
1x Recovery Powder
1x Dispel
1x Instant Revival(would replace with 2nd Alphonse if/when I get one)

general start
refess to 4 + buncle first. if opponent plays something that can kill it, follow with scout, then powder t3, if not, follow with powder, then scout t3. follow this with guardian and go from there as play demands.

so far against NPC's, if buncle lashes, i follow immediately with scout, play powder as soon as sp allows, followed by guardian.

Thanks for any constructive, of even destructive, feedback.
Rougefox

Re: alphonse/annarose file help

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:04 am

Hi rougefox,

With the exception of guardian and the ss it is almost an underdog file. I was running one similar to it with little success so i switched to a gowen underdog rank up file.

My version went:
T1. Skip
T2. Limier
T3. Mediator sun and moon
1 st ss is verlaat eskatia For plus 2/2 lvs. Then cait sith for sp.

Buncle is a good open as well (probably better then skipping if you watch Worthing's El Gandi replay).
I would use 2 x verlaat eskatia as units in your file if you can. How is that working out with the cudgel ss? Just curious.
Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Rougefox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 am

I have only played it against the NPC's so far but I've been able to time letting saphiria/mediator go to graveyard to trigger cudgel when needed pretty well. between Alphonse and annarose retrieving units, i have yet to graveyard any of my front line, even against the NPC Igina file that, for once, actually put Igina behind the heavy shield doll. I've played against all the NPC's so far except the serpent file and done well, only one that took more than 15 turns was Stardragon cause i think i was being overly cautious. still trying to get a feel for it before i take it into Folrart.
Rougefox

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 am

The way you open it looks like it's going to be a very slow building start. Verse any generic rush, you're running a risk of getting seriously out-swarmed early and not getting your field set up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:16 pm

I would open something like this with: Mediator(3R,1L) -> Charity -> Guardian -> Aivault ->
SS lineup: Set10Emana/PriestOfMadness -> Rasam -> Cudgel/Faytis -> Rasam -> 3LP.

Drop Scout, Orderly, HonorZagar & Buncle.

A SP open like this is vital if you want to setup your field. Engage will give you the time you need aswell.
You may want to prevent any real killing (and setting of iczer SS's) untill you got a confident field build up.
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:43 pm

A similiar thread can be found here.
(It is a bit outdated, as I have managed to get a more solid alphonce file by now, for anyone interested, see here.)

I agree with spawns that opening with the moxy would be the wisest decision if you lack limier, it protects you against shades either way.

One thing I noted while playing my file is that you're pretty tight in SP if you go to equal levels of Refess/Lawtia with only the moxy, so I'd try to limit myself to refess 4- and Lawtia 2- units, for a generally nicer flow. That naturally means a more passive approach, as you are lacking the SP control or agressivity standalone lawtia units inherit.

As somewhat in the other thread mentioned refugee citizen is a bit more reliable as a grim baner, but might clog your graveyard, so your mileage may vary on this.
The problems with your file I see is a lack of quality and quantity. As gon said, it's slow building and you risk getting outswarmed with this filetype, and additionally you are a bit lacking in terms of damage, e.g. for bigs (The only way I can currently see you surviving is engaging and hoping that it ends well).
And for that matter, you don't need both safiria and annarose, you should pick one (depending on what you go for, cemetery retrieval or a more controlled engage), but not both.

One thing your mileage may vary on, is using a +2 SP as your first SS, as it can help you save your field at times, but it is strictly speaking not necessary. You can even try Priestess of Madness as your first, but it requires some timing.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Rougefox » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

thanks for the feedback, as well as pointing out that other thread, I'd missed it when i looked earlier.

I unfortunately don't have any Rasam, but i do somehow have 2 copies of zu-jyuva i could use for SS if i'm focusing on engaging. was also thinking maybe voice staff priestess, she has 1 target 2-turn engage with 20dmg SS. For the last SS, since i added a few more grims, i put in Hirume

the reason i don't have refugee's is because of just what you said, clogs graveyard for retrieval, figured that one out fast against NPC's. Also, i see the sense in the mediator 3R1L open, now that it's been pointed out to me.

After taking suggestions into account, the file now looks like this:

SS: key/emana, zu-jyuva, cudgel, zu-jyuva, hirume

units/characters:
3x judie
3x conflict/annarose
3xfolrart guardian
3x aivault
3x crest lady paladin
2x verlat&eskatia
1x pretender/alphonse
1x mediator sun/moon

grims;
hand of god
talisman of disruption
gift of charity
dispell
recovery powder(suggestion for something else here maybe?)

general open:
mediator(3R1L), charity, guardian, aivault, hopefully judie if mediator gets taken out.
Rougefox

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:41 am

This is looking really solid. Since you only got 1 Alphonce, you could add a instant revival to extend his stay. Post some replays of wins/losses so we can figure out what's good/bad about it or try to figure out strategies to beat different kinds of opponents.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 pm

That's looking alot better. The buildup should run smooth in Folrart.
What's probably left is some little 'finetuning', dependant on your playstyle and personal preference.

If you're looking for space, i'd replace these:
1x dispell
1x recovery powder
1x Judie
1x ? (i only counted 24 cards ;p)

for:
3x Silverion
3x Folrart Charge Knight
2x Aano
3x Lapierre (EX or normal)
3x Fistara
3x ... anything Duchy/Solar with range to hide behind your Tanks and do damage.

Edit: I agree with Gon that an Instant Revival will be a nice addition instead of RecoveryPowder.
Don't worry about SP problems with engage SS. You can always let a unit die and spend that returned SP to lay in more units, while everything on the field is put on hold. If you don't make a habbit of constantly reviving you'll be fine.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah I like what spawn said. It's nice to have some nice ranged offensive threat like Silverion or Fistara to put behind your wall. Aano is a great add and imo you can run 1 copy of her and be fine.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum