Frisky Vordore file

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Frisky Vordore file

Postby Anima13 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 am

I know its a vordore file but.. I wonder what would happen if you would slightly rearrange the cards position and use the cat instead. It feels like he could play a similar role in the file, maybe even better?
Anima13

Postby Pancakes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Everyone get pissed at Pancakes for telling the truth. But I was the first to implement this style of play before Gold Boxes existed and back when Oseon users were extremely rare. Back before Pegasus Kingdom rush got popular, I was using Oseon + Faytis + return and engage soul skills and grims. In fact, I am the reason that Faytis use ever got popular because before I did everyone swore Faytis was crap. Noobs would join the forums and say, "Are mermaids any good?" And people would tell them, " I don't know, ask Pancakes he uses them". I'm just refreshing your memory and setting the stage for what comes next. I will admit that I saw some random level 12 in Folrart using a fail file with Faytis and that is what sparked me to use it only combining it with Oseon, I recognized the massive control I was gaining so I solidifyed the control with return SS and engage SS. Only I used Double Chase Wing SS which is the second strongest return mechanic in the game. Yeah when I cheese I cheese harder than anyone because I have probably have more cards and can therefore come up with any combo. I got 35-ish straight wins and realized...hmm, this is OP. I can still remember the only person who ever beat me was Immortal back when he was low level, who actually won a Bringer from the treature battle because I wasn't paying attention in the game and I played the wrong card on the second turn. Well I already had 3 Bringers so I didn't care. That's the only time I can think of that I ever lost with the perfected version of that file. I tell you this to add more realism to my claims. I remember this ****, I'm not just making it up. The top names at the time all lost to me without exception, we can go back so far as to note that Porky lost to this. Remember him!? That was a long time ago.

I defeated all the big names in Alteil over and over with perfect records using...get this, Faytis + Oseon + hell it didn't matter what came next. I mostly liked to used warriors because it was so unlikely to ever see anyone playing them back then. But one time, for lulz I tested it with Bringer, since I was winning anyway I figured it didn't matter, and happened to get matched against Mavel. The main way I used it though was with Renally + pre nerf EX Lapierre. Which was the single most OP file I have ever seen in this game other than Ex Prim. It was a multi sphere file that ate Fierte for breakfast including Lycans. Why? It's because the field advantage of Faytis, Oseon, + return and engage soul skills destroyed all.

The reason this file concept of SP Gen (proxies or whatever else you want) + Returns (including SS) and Engages (including SS) is cheese is because bar a few incidences there is no hard counter to the opening. And the hard counters that do exist are so narrow and/or abuse based in and of themselves that I would hardly call them a proper counter at all. Am I just talking nonsense. No, this time I have a real world example of what I would call balance.

In ShadowEra, there is a card that you can play that allows you to return multiple units to your opponent's hand for free. Whenever the card is in play, any unit that your hero deals non fatal damage to is removed from the field. And yes that includes the automatic counter attacks that occur when others attack you first! It's one of the strongest cards in the game. You can look it up if you want, it's called the Dagger of Unmaking. Why is this return mechanic not OP? Because just off the top of my head I can think of at least 15 ways to HARD counter it In a game that only has 200 cards available atm. If there was a Bringer in ShadowEra, he might be called Ogloth the Glutton. This is a character card that permanently gains one HP (which is roughly the equivolent of 10 Alteil HPs), and 1 attack (again roughly equivolent to 10 Alteil Attack) for every unit that dies on the battle field, friend or foe. So when you think tactically, just putting this card on the field not only gives you more attack, but shields your other units because your opponent will not want to kill your weaker units because doing so would permanently buff your Ogloth!! So he is both a sword and a shield at the same time. He also has an ability where he can insta-kill ANY unit that has a summon cost lower than his current attack power. And then once he's done using the ability, he gets to use his newly buffed attack in order to actually hit something! Which generally results in ANOTHER kill, and ANOTHER buff to Ogloth. Why isn't Shadow Era's Bringer OP? Why it's because off the top of my head I can think of at least 15 HARD counters to Ogloth...Not just "play this card and Ogloth dies" but actual tactical, strategic counters that function in an indirect manner.

Now where are the hard counters to this games' return and engage mechanics?? How many hard counters to Faytis Open skill? Unfortunately I have to declare this file concept cheese, as one of the first (if not THE first) guys in this game to actually take advantage of it himself. It's less of a Vordore file and more of an OP SS + return file. Just like my warriors that I used to run. It was less of a warrior file and more of a double Chase Wing SS+ Will O Wisp SS + Faytis + Sakura is OP file. I can be honest about it. I have other OP files too that I will readily admit are OP. It's nothing personal against the poster.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby angelspawns » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:29 pm

You can advocate for a Nerf or for more counters. Either one is fine with me.
But i am convinced that without any outside suggestions, AlteilUS Design Team won't be up for the task. (a 50/50 coinflip... ye, that's not a counter but the desperate man's gamble...) And im equally convinced they won't listen to any of the suggestions made by the playerbase. :|
They seem to eager to 'solve' things themselves, ending up with a strange halfbaked solution that's simply not viable in Folrart.

Personally i'm all in for more counter crafting. Perhaps i can find back that old thread with some ideas about this... or just start a new one.
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Who let that guy in here again?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Ppl be hating on ur file hb.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:14 am

You know pancakes does have a really good point. Generally when playing Mirelia, if I can't play Faytis early I generally lose.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby skillll7 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:22 am

Needs more returns...
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 pm

How u handle big refess?
Icyman2

Postby skillll7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Use Shelby Aqua on Dragon and iczer spam :x
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby ohaijohnny » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Say what you will about Returns, i think this file demonstrates something important about how analyzing your open can win you games.
Skill7 is getting 6 free SP in three set phases with this open, and he's using that huge advantage to give himself a field advantage through returns.
6SP. That's as if you got 6 free turns of Owl Sage's gen, in half the time.
I'm not saying this is some uber-clever secret Skill7 has uncovered, but it's a case study of a successful opening play that obviously wins games. I'd advise any new player to look at their opening sets and see if they could be getting more SP from their open than they are now.
ohaijohnny

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum