Song of Spring / Meltiria

Strategies and Card File Construction

Song of Spring / Meltiria

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:41 pm

She's making me throw a tantrum on trying to make a file with her included.

Refess lvl 3 and below too much of a ex lapierre hugger. She'll do just fine if it was alteil 2 but noooo, Exlapierre got nurfed and they still haven't buffed solar kingdom to account for it. And what's more, she helps noncharacters come back from cememtery meaning, certain file orientation is helped better than others. Aka non lapierre files. But non-lapierre files is err, pushovers. Though at least time of budding can help returning ex lapierres from cem. I don't know.
Callonia

Re: Song of Spring / Meltiria

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, getting back 2 copies of elite aco and sunlight knight and IDK, 1 kp means she's terrible in EXLap files. Or getting back 5 shrine knights. Or 5 buncles.
LoneKnight

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Well, if you use cait sith SS or any other kind of other cemetery retrieval effect, then meltiria can help you return the non char cards, such that there is a bigger chance that cait sith returns your characters. Other than that, shrine knights may fit the effect nicely.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby ChiYoung » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Buncols.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Logress » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm

It actually could work rather nicely with any file where you main tanks are non-chars. Those are the ones you'll be in short supply of first. Because the open is limited, you'll probably know exactly what you'll get back ahead of time. Then once she's on the field, you can use budding to pinpoint whatever copies of Lap/Safria/Kald/etc you need. Any limitation on a cem retreval skill can be used to your advantage to pinpoint what you want to recover.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Optimal
-------------------------
Folrart Paladin
Folrart Greatsword Soldier
Elite Folrart Acolyte
Folrart Spiked Shield Knight
Ancient Spear Knight
Folrart Lady Paladin
Shield Knight
Expert Martial Artist
Folrart charge Knight

Middle
---------------------------
Folrart Heavy Knight
Folrart Hammer Soldier

Suboptimal
----------------------------------
Folrart Knight Captain
Priestess of the Holy Weapon
Folrart Slash Knight
Knight of the 2nd shrine

And most effective out of all listed above is Folrart Paladin and Folrart Greatsword Soldier they do something which can actually exert some kind of pressure on enemy, Folrart Paladin's Shield of Faith and Folrart Greatsword Soldier's Hilt Punch which would mean they do something even when they're doing nothing in comparison to all other possible tank candidates. The others just get blindly wailed upon. People don't have to think twice and attack.
Ancient Spear Knight at least can force your opponent's positioning on field if you have sp to spare.

The list of available candidates isn't impressive >.> in comparison to lvl 4 tanks. Blessed Armor Knight oh my, he turn whole undead armies into sissies for few turns until broken priest buff em up enough to oneshot him and messes with low damage falkow rush files. While, lvl 3 solar kingdom tanks, just sit there and get beat on til they die or barely snowball with ex lapierre's help.

And isn't even accounting for the fact it can be sp intensive. Gotta rush out units to fill out that front row to reduce the likelhood of field collapse. As you seen, the front row could be easily lvl 2,3,3 or lvl 3,3,3 with ex lap in the back. And I still get scared when I see Combat Monk coming to the field to do 50 damage punch. Because whenever one makes an lvl 3 solar kingdom rush, Ex lapierre is practically a must put in because non character units is nothing special by themselves even when they're supporting each other, only with expensive buffers they become something like Will o'the wisp soldiers which buffs only one friendly unit in comparison to broken priest. And the star dragon have uncanny ability to snipe her xD

Only got to try her out once, and it was against an lvl 2 guy running refess starter which just lost just cuz I have ex lapierre and he don't.

tl;dr version, lvl 3 tanks not threatening as lvl 4 tanks so its meh. Too much power consolidated into ex lapierre for freedom to run. And i'm tired of ex lapierre deciding who will win Solar kingdom duels. Kal and Saf is no biggie, Ex Lapierre too lethal.

Edit: Still fiddling around, but general consensus from so far for me from against npcs, Folrart Paladin, Folrart Greatsword Soldier, and Elite Folrart Acolyte takes the most pounding with Folrart paladin at 1st if you are against low damage open decks but for higher intensity, Elite Folrart Acolyte wins cuz he at 70 immediately.

Edit: Forgot to type in folrart hammer soldier.
Last edited by Callonia on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callonia

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Refugee Citizen. The bane of Cait Sith SS.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby ChiYoung » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Buncols are actually a better fit for Meltiria than SK or Solar kingdom, because Amethyst is free rez, and many of their key units are decent AGI.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I refuse to play carbuncles. Therefore Solar kingdom is only option left for me.

Just not interested and yes, that's correct, Refugee Citizens don't really mesh very well with cait sith unless you go miffy ss + soul return route then in that case, refugee citizens don't harm you. Just watch out for a grim banes, a single lucky grim bane = your endgame strategy goes flying out teh window. Which's why all my files which run cait sith have refugee citizens kicked out of there returning solar kingdom back to their original problem of being grim spammed to death at least aliria does mitigate this somewhat by being the target of grim fire. Only return mechanics and assassinations defeat aliria tactic as well as overkill damage output lol And plus, Aliria's a character too so meh. the SP is problem.

Don't have sp generation, gotta pray that ur units can tank.
Callonia

Postby CallMeWBC » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm

shrine knight.
CallMeWBC

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum