Refess Mids

Strategies and Card File Construction

Refess Mids

Postby randomguy00 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I win around 70% with this, though pretty much auto-losing to EN, locking pixies, and anything Dio and probably having insane luck in terms of facing low levelers.
EDIT: Also, massive overkill damage files like grimcount
However, it can smash big gowen and many other files if played correctly.
citizens bane scary things like BoF, Merci death, return, fire arrow, etc.
cait sith ss first is +3 sp with no downsides, besides 5 refess that i need for vet pally anyways. awesomeness.
Wisp keeps things from dying to early damage, then triggers ras ss.
Rasam SS there so I can set up without interruptions (field wipes).
Vet pally is immortal. Nobody wants to hit guardian. Aivault directs damage to whichever tank i want.
Charge knight hides in the middle until he can snipe scary things.

And a well-timed garfath trolls allind so badly. mwahaha :twisted:

Anyways, any suggestions on how to make this better? I've gotten to the point where I pretty much use
everything in a match, so I dunno what to switch out for other cards and such. Don't even have room for my third aivault. :?
Last edited by randomguy00 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randomguy00

Re: Refess Mids

Postby ChiYoung » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Second [Like the Hand of God] to choice of [Blessing] or [Instant Revival].

Two LtHoGs are kind of over kill, plus they are pretty expensive mana wise. A instant revival can mean an extra turn or two of guardian or Lapierre, both of which can be game changing. Blessing is also pretty good, but not a lot of people use it because of returns, however, a blessed heavy knight it sometimes worth the investment (you lose 5 df tho).

Also, maybe [Folrart Veteran Paladin] to [Elite Folrart Dual Wielder]? Both excel in different situations, just your preference I guess. Actually, vet pally might be better against some files, but elite duel wielder will give you some chance vs rushes, esp. if you change your first ss to something like sergis.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Shadow1798 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 am

If you have Kaldrao a redundant copy of an important grim can be correct, just for peace of mind in activating Kaldrao if nothing else. It definitely can be replaced, but I think it's a personal preference thing.

Also you can't blessing a Heavy Knight.

How good is HK Lap in this sort of file? There are files that just can't beat a 20DF Vet Pally or a 30/20 Guardian, but how often does that come up? This isn't a leading question, I'm actually quite curious as to how it performs.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Next set there is a unit coming out Verlaat / King of Mankind... Who is going to be pretty beastly for mid-refess.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby shadowsketch » Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Have you tried Big Booty Judie (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1072)?

Also, I don't think you should take out Ex Lap since Undead will give this file a hard time otherwise.
Last edited by shadowsketch on Sat May 12, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowsketch

Postby ChiYoung » Sat May 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Another thing is, you can swap out your refugee citizens for your own grim support, like talisman of disruption, and instant rez.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby randomguy00 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks for all the replies!

ChiYoung: Yeah, in regards to the second HoG, I like to have 2 just in case kaldrao banes one. Instant Revival is definitely on my add list if i can find room...
Blessing is also in the same boat, if I had room, I would out it in. In regards to elite dual wielder and vet pally, i favor vet pally more because of his
sheer tanking ability (i've had him been called immortal so many times :P). Also, dual wielder doesn't get buffed by either of my start skill buffers,
aivault (for knights) and lap (for agi <= 2). I'm also opposed to taking out citizens because they also manage to bane scary damage/removal/cemetary
sending grims. Also, they're poor refugees. I'd feel bad if i didn't take'em in.

Shadow1798: Lap is pretty good, even if none of the main tanks (guardian, vet) get the permanent +10 AT. 50 counter guardian is definitely better than 30 counter ^^, and kald / charge knight can get dangerous behind the 20 defense wall. i don't often face 50+ AT files, so 20 defense is very nice at negating/blocking damage.
If you wanna see first hand, I'm online most nights (pm/chat me, we can go to the rarely-used practice arena // ign oozy).

Gon: Good to know. Time to save MM gran.

shadowsketch: I actually have 2 judie, so I might try her out. i've seen her work wonders with guardian before.

Also, any thoughts on granverion? he looked cool, so i have 3 of him (he's a freaking GUNDAM, lol), and after testing him in 1-player and in star dragon files, he gets super tanky/dangerous once he gets going. rasam ss could help out with that, but he's so very weak to max hp hate and especially to francis close...
also, if lucky, i could turn 2 him, but that could make me potentially waste a lot of sp on his action to keep him going.
general's orders also looks nice if i can predict sin ss (which isn't that hard) and gives nice AT boost.
Last edited by randomguy00 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
randomguy00

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah Judie (even a single copy) could do wonders for your deck I think. I mean the general set up of your deck is awesome. You got two giant tanks up front, you got your support buffers, EX Lap is giving both guardian and vet pally 20 defense (vet pally is agi 2 right?) and both units can scale HP with aivault and kaldrao. Probably the only thing missing are good ranged fighters. Charge Knight is pretty solid, but Gravarion or that other robot might also work really well. The only issue would be, being level 5, how difficult would it be to get him out there with the others.

Another thing you could try out if you're bored is finding room for 2 copies of like music magician. She gives pretty beast buffs and if that citizens can grim bane things that would kill her, well she's free to do her magic.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby randomguy00 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hmm, tried switching vet with gran, aivault with judie, and one HoG with Instant revival (because if gran dies at level 4, i can revive him with that :D )
ran into a star dragon. rasam ss basically worked

and the game devolved into gran solo smashing the entire game, with no one else making it onto the field but judie and charge knight.
definitely not the same feeling though (the old one relied more on getting everyone on the field), but it's nice to see a refess unit with 170 AT.
GonFreeces31 wrote:Gravarion or that other robot might also work really well. The only issue would be, being level 5, how difficult would it be to get him out there with the others. Another thing you could try out if you're bored is finding room for 2 copies of like music magician. She gives pretty beast buffs and if that citizens can grim bane things that would kill her, well she's free to do her magic.

Unfortunately, I have no copies of magic musician (who is a beast, i agree). also gran only has 1 range i think? so there's not really room for him up in the front row. silverion would probably work quite well.
randomguy00

Postby Rougefox » Fri May 18, 2012 7:18 am

maybe take out one of the charge knights(any time i've gotten to the point of rez'ing it more than once, i'm screwed anyway) and one other and fit in 2 silverion, that would be a strong range support right there.
Rougefox

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum