Shvara! Multisphering! Durdling!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Shvara! Multisphering! Durdling!

Postby Shadow1798 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 am

So I had a bunch of cards I liked but didn't work out in the respective files I tried to play them in.
One day I decided TO HELL WITH IT LET'S PUT THEM ALL IN THE SAME FILE.
This is the result.

The general idea is that most files can only take so much Shvara. And if you keep reviving Shvara, you'll eventually reach that Shvara threshold and the opposing file collapses into a weepy mess. The rest of the file is basically a generic buy-time tank and a bunch of interlocking pieces to keep the Shvara train rolling.

Song of the Night Singer is something I wanted to try but isn't as good as I hoped.
Triad of Chaos isn't Instant Revival because when am I ever gonna get another chance to play Triad of Chaos meets. ...The agi buff has been relevant once.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Re: Shvara! Multisphering! Durdling!

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am

This looks like a really cool file. Generally speaking, Healing Priest with mid-lawtia units, especially close skill units is fantastic. The only thing I'm not sure about is including the falkow sphere levels. Cause for instance instead of going that route for the revive chick, you could also just include some revivals or something.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shadow1798 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Torife is more than worth the price of admission. The Beast Statue SS is purely to allow me to play Torife and I have never second guessed it.

Torife basically forces the issue. Normally with the ideal field the opponent can sorta stall too and the game progresses into this terrible state where nobody can win. Unless the opponent can just tidal Torife away they are forced to be proactive. Every turn they do nothing becomes a turn where I can activate Shvara, or heal my Guardian, or get cards in my grave back with Lady of Conflict. On paper it looks redundant but in play it doesn't feel redundant, it feels resilient. Especially since Healing Priest can revive Torife, and it gives Lady of Conflict something extra to do when all the Shvaras are out of the grave.
Shadow1798

Postby shadowsketch » Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm

I like it. I want to try this out, but unfortunately have no Torife. Can I grind 500 gold coins lol?

Two cards I can see fitting into it are (since Song of the Night Singer doesn't seem to fit) :
Creeping Hands (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=772) - Only thing I worry about is returning your Carbunc and Moxie, but if you turn out liking it you can always change the opening. Otherwise, it works with Annarose and Torife.

Crest Devil Knight(https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=528) - Good tank, good close skill. Used it in a Healing Priest file a while back and I liked it.
shadowsketch

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:21 am

So i decided to play Frankenstein and merge aspects of this file with my alphonce file plus a couple of additions so far the results seem promising!
monkeysmiles11

Postby Callonia » Sun May 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Healing Priest, the eternal refess traitor.
Callonia

Postby Shadow1798 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:18 pm

monkeysmiles11 wrote:So i decided to play Frankenstein and merge aspects of this file with my alphonce file plus a couple of additions so far the results seem promising!

I would love to see what you ended up with. This file was mostly my fooling around, I would love to see Shvara be made into a more... well developed file.
Shadow1798

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Ell your file definitly preformed better than mine thanks to Torife, you were right definitely worth the falkow levels. When you can replace the knights with alphonce and aliria by replacing a couple of grims and i'd say its pretty solid, also an extra proxy wouldn't hurt, less you backlash on my alphonce file:).
monkeysmiles11

Postby Shadow1798 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 am

Picked this file back up when the game went back online. Made one change that in retrospect was kinda obvious. "Hey Shvara is horrible against big units and DF, how will I ever remedy this?" By adding Francis. I'd like to find room to put the second Church Paladin back in, but I just don't think there are any more cuts to make.

Shadow1798

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:39 am

What is "Gon's day of glory"?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum