A Little Challenge

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: A Little Challenge

Postby Icyglare » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 am

Shirozaki wrote:...What I'm saying is that among the files that are played, Serpent has long left its state of prime for newer, more recent ones.
Mid blue (Take to the sky) mods I have seen surprisingly many though.

Yea, I gotta admit, I haven't seen a Serpent file since then (and even then it was kinda rare).

Well, for what it's worth, this topic originally started good. Maybe it's time for a new challenge.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 am

That's a fair argument but you're taking this approach: "Because A is good, there is no reason to use B, therefore the problem is with A."

There are essentially two approaches to this - 1) nerf A (returns tidal cyclone) or 2) buff B. Returns and such probably will not be nerfed. They tried a Falkow-1 disad a long time ago and it made it such that tribes like WK or Mermaids were not even competitive at all with rival tribes from other spheres. The more reasonable approach would be to buff other falkow mechanics to be more effective. If you want to be productive you could create a thread to figure out how to get movement control or agi control as more viable tactics.

I mean you call me narrow or short sighted or whatever, but I don't design the cards. We just test the cards that people who are paid to design make. I don't know why people think I have anything to do with card design because we rarely if ever do. I get called biased, but decisions for errata and stuff are largely based off RP data collected from thousands of games. I mean for the last errata shade was 5% stronger than return, and salamander was 30% stronger than return, but of course if I say that no one will believe me and you guys just assume that I'm straight up lying to you all. Logress won't comment on it cause he knows the majority of the player base is horribly biased and not reasonable at all. He also has a better perspective on things, because he to see all the hard data and see what's really going on.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 am

For once I completely agree with you, especially on this part:
GonFreeces31 wrote:[...]it made it such that tribes like WK or Mermaids were not even competitive at all with rival tribes from other spheres. The more reasonable approach would be to buff other falkow mechanics to be more effective.[...]

I consider it a great pity that Falkow is the wasteland it currently is and is (let's say for compromise's sake "almost") reliant on returns to run anything, and consider this a failure in its early stages of the design, much worse than anything they have done to Refess.

But the truth is, unless you specifically pack to counter returns, you are guaranteed to lose playing a rush against falkow, unless you have the benefit of luck and SP generation. I know you like argue that every kind of file should have its weakness, but I don't think it is necessary to crush it on such a fundamental level.
I admit, I've never been playing falkow much, so I am not the right person to talk at this point, but I did my fair share of experimenting on return files with Bunbun's guidance.

Making Refess (Picking this as an example because their leading direction IS field dominance) mid-reliant worked partially because it was sidestepping the actual problem, though I hope super-miffyre will be able to change that because I see great potential in that SP gen.

Either way, Icy is right, I apologize again to bunbun for deviating this thread.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 am

Shirozaki wrote:But the truth is, unless you specifically pack to counter returns, you are guaranteed to lose playing a rush against falkow

The thing is at high skill levels this is not true. In many cases it is 50-50.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 am

Well, I don't know whether I qualify for a high skilled player, but I guess it differs on perception.
I guess Lawtia has a better chance to bust Falkow.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby ayman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 am

ayman wrote:Guys,

First of all I did not want to start OP return discussion. All I wanted to see İf the deck can survive without return mechanic.

I guess I did start a discusion about Return. That was not my intent. I am sorry sunbun and I apologize.
Listen to the song of my blade...
ayman

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 am

ayman wrote:
ayman wrote:Guys,

First of all I did not want to start OP return discussion. All I wanted to see İf the deck can survive without return mechanic.

I guess I did start a discusion about Return. That was not my intent. I am sorry sunbun and I apologize.

Dw about it, you probably didn't know that the term return is taboo if you want a thread to stay on topic lol. I'll post up another challenge so returns naturally don't meet the prerequisite of it
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:10 am

Make it cute.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 am

Khiruki wrote:Make it cute.

I will do my best to make it come as close as possible to capet's asymptote of cuteness.
sunbunman

Another Little Challenge

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:23 am

So a lot prople weren't able to partake in my prior challenge due to lack of the main cards of the. So here's one I've come up with, you are required to make a file that relies purely on file flow.

The challenge is as follows:

1. The file may have no grims, not even dragon breath
2. The file must have at least 9 units of lvl 3 or higher
3. None of your units may have any sp generation ability i.e. no opal, sage, plundering pirate girl, sonic seraphim, etc, sphere gen is permitted.
4. You are permitted to one sp gen SS which can produce max 1 sp, all sphere gen SS are permitted

With the release set 11, I hope to see some fun files, enjoy! :D
sunbunman

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum