Diversion Tactics

Strategies and Card File Construction

Diversion Tactics

Postby Haku-Chan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Diversion Tactics

Many cards In alteil can be used as diversion in decks and many top files do

Toromera justice catira- justice is a diversion for catira you can’t do nothing vs catira till justice is dead
Command dolls-have cattleya you have to kill that card otherwise it will revive a doll
Shrine knights-use elaice you have to kill her otherwise she will revive them and boost other shrine knights

Diversion cards are cards that help distract your opponent from the main cards trying to do damage

Different types of diversion-
Cards that use return mechanic
Cards that can use instant damage tactics
Or card that heals cards that have died

Diversion cards, are usually the cards that you have to take out first because they might heal or mess up your field control.
They are also low lvl cards that can kill big cards in one fast hit.
So diversion cards are there to help distract from main concept of file.

Examples of cards
Woman of purity
Berserker
Ellie
Diondora
Priestess of madness
Assassin
Folart mage
sky staff
ETC will add more later.

Hopefully this inspire people to use cards like this because, many decks lack the right versatility to protect their own main cards and support units.
first guide i made can not wait for feedback :)
Last edited by Haku-Chan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haku-Chan

Re: Diversion Tactics

Postby Khiruki » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 pm

The common term people use for those cards is 'grim bait'. That's what most people use to refer to those kinds of units in guides and other topics.

A nice little guide though.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Callonia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Aliria = NO.1 Grimbait in all of Alteil with whatishername lvl 3 falkow girl that returns engaged units at second.

I see people go all out to make sure aliria dead because it makes them butthurt to see aliria revive a single unit. Jerk Winstons march up to front row just to shoot at her. Srsly. Sakuras stab alirias cuz sakuras is a bully. Fire arrow 3x in a row for aliria, if it wasn't for meeting of kings, aliria will never get a single revive off. And Judie is a grimbait as well, sakuras go out of their way to murder her immediately all the time something about 40 attack guardian seems to rub midgowens the wrong way.

Sometimes, Judie rate higher on threat meter for some reason over aliria, i've seen people sakura judie only to have aliria revive judie. I think gowen just hate seeing refess getting good units for once.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 am

Haku-Chan wrote:Diversion Tactics

Many cards In alteil can be used as diversion in decks and many top files do

To be honest, I think "diversion tactics" is a bad term because it implies that the following cards are not real threats, but only exist to trick the opponent into wasting resources taking them out.

Cards like Elaice or Diondora or PoM/Lich aren't really diversions, rather they are threats that must be dealt with or else you will surely lose!!!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Haku-Chan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Well the reason, i call them diversion tactics is because they are not the main powerhouse of the file. They are there to distract from the cards that are attacking.

For example shrine knights do not need elaice.
Eliace makes them better because she distracts their attention from the main attacking cards.Honestly shrine knights are not depending on elaice to win the game for them .They are hoping opponent will try to kill her first and waste their utilities on her because she is a threat if stays on field..
So she is a diversion from the main attacker.Therefore i called this thread diversion tactics.
Haku-Chan

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:37 am

Haku-Chan wrote:Well the reason, i call them diversion tactics is because they are not the main powerhouse of the file. They are there to distract from the cards that are attacking.

Its why we call them grim bait, classic examples being dion is sea serp, volfy in wk and aliria in solar kingdom. Their main purpose in the file is "bait" grims, soul skills, be the target of opponent attacks, etc, just age old alteil terminology/slang rofl
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Icyglare » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:45 pm

sunbunman wrote:Its why we call them grim bait, classic examples being dion is sea serp, volfy in wk and aliria in solar kingdom. Their main purpose in the file is "bait" grims, soul skills, be the target of opponent attacks, etc, just age old alteil terminology/slang rofl

With Serpent, is either use oversouls/lv4 revive grim or Dio, but I prefer to use Dio in case I get someone that activated crazy DEF on something. If Refess had ways to engage units alongside the serpent file, I might go the first route.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Haku-Chan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 am

Well sorry for not knowing the exact slang for what they are called.However i was giving examples of popular decks that use them.There are many cards that are not used that are good diversions.They might not always fit your file concept but, sometimes those little random cards are exactly what you need to win a game with.

I guess, what i'm trying to say is that all cards do not have to be played every single game.Also many of what you call grim bait are really underrated and need to be used more.Those little utility cards really help make your deck a lot more versatile. Many people lack versatility in their deck.So i thought it would be a good idea to make this thread for that reason.
Haku-Chan

Return to Annarose's Sanctum