pixy file

Strategies and Card File Construction

pixy file

Postby worthing » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:48 pm

No need for an introduction I suppose since pixies are in folrart....sometimes? I'm not quite sure since I don't play to much anymore, but if they aren't I R confused. So lets get right into it. (just look at the picture of the file at the bottom if you are as lazy as me and can't stand reading posts longer than 3 lines).

So let me start off with why pixies are good to play.

pros
1. Promotes skill through forcing yourself to think multiple turns ahead and using great deduction skills to counter your opponents combos and breaking them apart. (Important to learn)

2. Many games can be super fast

3. Beats many competitive files (dat diolate thing that all the cool jews are playing too)

4. Most of the cards are common rarity and the expensive ones other than mizzette and torte can be replaced.

5. Make blacksun, callonia, madhund, and solidcakes rage. (Seriously if you ever do play pixies against them and they do please post in here for the lulz and how i called it ahead of time )

cons

1. Can be quite dull after many games

2. People lable you as skilless (seriously though I honestly think pixies have one of the highest skill caps as far as files go since no one could even break 1800rp with them in set 8 and i got to 2180 after they were nerfed). Don't listen to people who say this and ignore them and just umadbro them or something cool like that.

3. If you don't use 2 sergis you will have a hard time vs many lawtia files

4. Some refess files can be very difficult for you to learn to beat....oh wait yeah never mind they don't exist anymore

5. Lack of cleavage, hawtness, and sex appeal unless your into pixy **** or something

Mindset (When I am talking about spheres you face I am probably talking like set 8 meta so if this information is outdated sorry :/)

When playing pixies your early game goal is to achieve a field better and bigger than your opponents and compete for field dominance through using open skills efficiently and managing sp to use certain skills and reviving units.

Against most gowen files they will be spamming damage through units and grims and will try to crush your field with jacks and ball of flames and all those anti gay....errrr fairy cards. This is where making key plays with the archer and mage pixy open skill will be great along with conserving your assassin pixies and spamming healer pixy. If you do not have defau I highly suggest using fairy dance which is also amazing against most gowen files.

Against falkow.....yeah just use one of your 9 cards to keep cyclone away every now and then and poop on their return strategy.

Against lawtia you will need to be weary of grims that can mess up everything like death embrace and bitter destiny and try to burst down important units with your agility and pixy assassing open skills. just laugh at en if you have 2 sergis.

Against refess it usually seems to be the early game that matters the most unless its a big refess file. If you can prevail early game to get out a scary field of units you will win. Just do not let them get a field built up or you will have a hard time getting over tanky units or against sks you will just simply lose to their atk and agility. Defau is your friend against random refess cards.

And now for the file and why I play what cards.

Pixy greatswordswoman- Great vs falkow but pretty useless against other spheres which makes her perfect to open first because you stop turn 2/3 tidal waves and if they aren't using falkow you just get your useless open skill out of the way and play a level 2 unit with 30hp and 30atk with 3agi on turn 1 (pretty decent stats if you ask me).

mage pixy- blocks so many combos if played correctly. This card seems to get better every set also

Torte- The tank of the file and probably has the biggest knockers of all the pixies. Torte is very good against most files early to mid game but against some files she can lose her tankiness near the end due to snowballing attacks and big units that you just couldn't prevent hitting the field because you were to busy spamming other pixies and iczering and stuff.

Pixy dual wielder- Pretty obvious but lets go over this for some of you who never met the sexiness of free revive. I think free revive units are amazing and can be played early in the game because of this. dual wielder not only has a free revive but packs a huge punch for 1sp. play this unit early like 90% of your games. the other 10%....uhhhhh kinda when you need to block stuff right away and didn't have time to play her.

archer pixy- pretty similar to mage pixy but this pixy stops cyclone

mitzett- super steroid for your entire field for her open skill and she has a good start skill that lets you win agility rolls. she can be played like a normal unit or a sacrificial unit where you just let her die to get her godly open skill again asap.

pixy assassin- good damage on the open, ok stats, good skill, whats not to love?

pixy healer- saves you from falkow and some gowen files (any that use ball of flame)

defau- poops on random cards

Sergis SS 1/2- remember when i said we are competing for a field at the beginning of my guide? this card lets you dominate the early stage of the game and this file really doesnt need sp build up since everything is level 2.

Treasure hunter ss 3- perfect slot for it since you usually have 5+ pixies in the cemetery at this point and getting more open skills and more tortes/dual wielders.

Assassin- get rid of my level 2, get rid of that *insert big unit of level 5+ that makes you pixies cry*. You can also get rid of mitzet, archer, and mage pixy to re use their open skills the next turn (mage and archer get the full effect instead of that random 1 turn blocker)

Zangadylan- This card is by far the best last soul skill to use in files like this. it will give you that one last punch at the end to try to go for the game. The give 3sp usually doens't matter because if you can't get damage at this stage of the game and you need it you lose and zang gives you that damage and he targets. If the game goes this long you will have a small field of 1-2 pixies almost always and you are close to winning (at least in my experience). I think a +10/+20 atk to all units on the field ss would work well last also.

Cards not to use:

bringer- he isnt worth skipping turns just to get him out. you lose that special field control you fought so hard for and have only 1 useful unit now that can be beat on by other end game strategies. you were better of with your 4 small units that were comboing so well together

grims of lvl 3+- dont rely on healer pixy to let you spam cards like fire arrow at the end. we want to onstantly keep units and abilites going and we cant spam grims when we have fresh units to always play.

splashing falkow for aquamancer- if you want to play pixies you have to keep spamming them constantly another sphere isn't worth. although cemetery rats can be decent.

Replays:

Me vs madhund (grand champion match)
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 77728d9a4f

That is it for now. I might add more later and ill edit at the bottom to let you know about the new information and will try to get more replays
worthing

Re: pixy file

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

I just imagine's worthing cleavage when I'm playing this file to offset one of the cons.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Thats what you think. I keel few pixy files with solar kingdom so HA-HA!
Callonia

Postby worthing » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Should i read callonias post is the question. block list is super handy
worthing

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Seems the pixie players I play don't use sergis, probably because they don't have access to it, but I also don't see pixie mage, though I am grateful for that since it means janus can instant slaughter them.
monkeysmiles11

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Well the ones who used to run fierte probably lost a lot and blamed it on the nerf and stopped playing it. Pixies can't really reclaim field if you lose it early so without aggressive field effect souls you're in for a world of hurt...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Pixie mage would solve this no problem with all these character happy files, especially well timed ones, like if it is played the same time i play janus that locks out eskatia and riza, so I would have to lose my janus once and sacrifice my field next turn, lose him twice, or waste my succubus and still have one turn leaving Janus open. Not to mention locking destroys my alphonce file that has both level 4's and is also extremely character heavy. Locking >>>> fierte SS, some players may think with fierte it may cause enough of a delay to save room in your file by getting rid of the locking pixies but this is far from the case.
monkeysmiles11

Postby hexagram » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Nice file

looks very similar to rsiviltos - his has 2 of those lvl 2 +15 hp grim and just 2 mages minus that ex card.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby BlackSunRx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Well, this guide is either a bit late or what?

Anyway, better late than never right?

Your file is a paying player file and as for a free player I only have this as my line up

I don't have sergis that time so I used the mass damage Bug SS, Afeemina for field control vs level 3's, and the rest of the ss's are well explained.

So far Bringer won me a lot of games that time. So not true when bringer is not needed. You just need the skills to let him out.

People know me by the name who's BlackSun? the Pixie player..

Since you came into my life. Everything has changed.

You gotta have GUTS.

-Free Player Forever-
BlackSunRx

Postby worthing » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 pm

BlackSunRx wrote:Well, this guide is either a bit late or what?

Anyway, better late than never right?

Your file is a paying player file and as for a free player I only have this as my line up

I don't have sergis that time so I used the mass damage Bug SS, Afeemina for field control vs level 3's, and the rest of the ss's are well explained.

So far Bringer won me a lot of games that time. So not true when bringer is not needed. You just need the skills to let him out.

People know me by the name who's BlackSun? the Pixie player..

I play Zu in EN for tons of im bad at this game
worthing

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum