Set 11 Discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Set 11 Discussion

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey guys,

Set 11 is out, and everything in it is free. So feel free to post any thoughts, discussions, ideas, etc. you guys have.

Here's some of my notes:
Beast Emperor Rivera (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1641)

Makes the standard mid Gowen Rivera/JW/DanDan stronger. Makes rush files have more difficulty. Also makes the individual units more of a threat, so if the Riveras are left unanswered and a big unit comes out, Bringer isn't the go to solution anymore. Overall, makes a strong file stronger.

Dark Princess/Gaiessoul (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1631)

She's one of the units I see as a one-of "grim" unit, and she's cool. Takes out any LVL 4 or lower unit, and when she dies refunds 4 SP. Good choice if you're able to generate the Lawt levels through cards (ie Proxy, Legendary Kirin)

Spined Armadillo (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1627)

Seems like a better call overall than Folrart Hammer Soldier. He's like a growing Folrart Guardian that happens to be a monster, so there's some tricks with him like Sun Worshiper. Solid gain for Refess.

Refugee Spear Master Aria(https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1668)

Is this the answer to return? Yes, she's vulnerable for a turn, but for every turn after her auto skill grim locks. She's also refess/falkow, so there's plenty of files that can run her like Shrine Knights, Ex Lap, etc. that just have to add in Falk.

Mermaid Priestess(https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1676)

Cool, works really well with Girl Combat Priest and Raste. Raste buffs everyone's HP, GCP heals everyone but herself, and Mermaid Priestess heals GCP and gives her +1 AGI. Solid.

Feel free to post any thoughts on the new set. My initial impression is that there aren't too many brand new files but plenty of cards that make older files stronger.
shadowsketch

Re: Set 11 Discussion

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Mermaid Harpist creates an infinite loop of field revives. Only way to break it is with Returns or Removals, making it just about impossible for non Falkow/Lawtia files to win.

King of Mankind/Veerlat combos extremely well with Priests of Royal guard. They priests may be double played for double effect. Judie may be easily boosted up to 50+ AT with this combo.

Augments- Magic Doll Augment + Overdose is a nasty combination that only costs 1SP, as Augment is a free revive and the grimoire refunds 1SP.

Ryu+Antilla- Ryu poops 1Gowen, Antilla eats that for +3 SP a turn.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby NitroDino » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Slave of Chaos / Ebreenu

The open can be used to return high level units. For example Bringer can be returned for 4 SP (1 SP open of Ebreenu + 3 SP for Return). It is possible to return up to lvl 7 units this way.
It is probably one of the best cards for mid big blue or files that have a lot of SP.
NitroDino

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Any suggestions on how to beat Chaos Lady/Annarose? It seems really strong right now and I've got no clue what to do besides running it myself. Or Fierte.
shadowsketch

Postby iambad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

it's really hard, it is op, but then again when has this game ever had any semblance of balance. your best bet is removals and fierte.
iambad

Postby Dean » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 pm

shadowsketch wrote:Any suggestions on how to beat Chaos Lady/Annarose? It seems really strong right now and I've got no clue what to do besides running it myself. Or Fierte.

lvl 2 or 3 rush
Dean

Postby hexagram » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 pm

https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/car ... hp?id=1640

This is an interesting card. Demon eye.

Pretty scary card I think just in apperence name and skill names.

Decent trait can iczer for free and if it iczers blocks characters for 1 turns

although you will not necessarily easily be able to iczer in the first place although it's ag of 1 helps.

decent soul skill too - looks like many new soul skills that act like pixy blockers this set.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Shadow1798 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 pm

shadowsketch wrote:Any suggestions on how to beat Chaos Lady/Annarose? It seems really strong right now and I've got no clue what to do besides running it myself. Or Fierte.

Curse on the World's Open Skill when it's obvious they're going to play a(nother) Chaos Rose. Set them back 3+ turns.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:54 am

Or just, you know, kill her. The only thing she does is you get your SP back instantly when playing her instead of when she dies. The open skill engage is nice but rushes are going to overwhelm her anyway and the +40 dmg does nothing against, say, lycans or pixies. Bigs are less lucky though.

On harpist: Making a revive loop locks your field and SP. I honestly think any T1 deck can deal with it maybe with a slight adjustment, as long as they can deal with Emana.
LoneKnight

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 am

hmm maybe undead will make a comeback. It seems that mermaid harpist is the one to watch out for, given its ability isn't OP its completely broken, no way that could have been intentional
monkeysmiles11

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum