Set 11 Discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Set 11 Discussion

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am

To be fair, her grim immunity goes a long way and her 10 def makes at least a bit more tankable, but I have the hunch that she's not a pure SK unit but a general grimbaner for Refess, possessing the stats to receive HK Lap buffs.
But I still consider her grim bane rather unhandy with most type of those files having a tight SP schedule either way, adding another 1 SP for baning needs careful planning. And she can't be knocked out by 40 damage SSs, I guess.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

whats peoples opinion on the rivera sisters?
monkeysmiles11

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Yeah I don't like SK 6th at all really. She originally was weaker and I argued that she sucked so she got a minor buff, but I don't really think it's enough. The grim bane only counters Gowen sort of and it can be really expensive taking out lots of grims. Being grim proof is sort of irrelevant cause you can just fire arrow the SK next to it and then kill SK 6th using attacks.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I dunno why they made her semi-tanky when SK game is speed.
Romdeau

Postby hexagram » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm

saw a match where sk verses falkow. helped to grimbane return grims. Played early 2nd sk unit and sp generating ss (+3/2sp) to fund skill

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Romdeau wrote:I dunno why they made her semi-tanky when SK game is speed.

Random guess would be that she's not only supposed to be usable in SK.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 pm

monkeysmiles11 wrote:whats peoples opinion on the rivera sisters?

Main problem I have is that Rivera Emperor provides as an action skill that BK Rivera can provide automatically. Other than that, she's 60 power, 4 agility, decent stats plus has a counter skill if she's solo. 70 HP/0 DEF are not good stats to be solo though, so I think she's better as a support unit behind a tank that can swing if necessary.

As far as SK6 goes, overall she's worse than other choices. I think she doesn't belong in Shrine Knights since Shrine Knights would be better off running Oseon/Aria instead, giving SK access to Undines/Sylph. She also have Grim Immunity, but Folrart Heavy Knight would be better in that regard. Guess you can use both if you feel like using both, Sorceresses, and Time Stop. Or Game Over =p.

Also, Magic Dolls do a better job of being Undead than Undead themselves. Between Violet x2 and Magic Doll -Undead-, the two can build up AT and LV at no SP cost. I know some people run Sumer & Fellana, so she's like Priestess of Madness in that sense. Dolls definitely seem like a strong file this set.
shadowsketch

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

sumer and fellena's ability is dependent on grims being in the opponents file, and with new grim hate and refess looking popular, i don't think the'd be too many grims in most files to make use of it.

violet and the undead doll does seem usable though with grims on a decline though max hp hate is on the rise
monkeysmiles11

Postby tropireno » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:04 am

I would have liked to see a pinpoint added to 6th shrine's grimbane. Refess's problem includes not only being horrible against return, but being unable to kill that damn owl sage while you're getting returned.
Right now, you're just wasting sp and field position to bane while your opponent gains his infinite sp with the owl and still gets an advantage.
tropireno

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:29 am

Can someone please tell me set 11 will stay free after these next 6 weeks... pretty please...
ErnnLaties

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum