new Mage Soldiers file

Strategies and Card File Construction

new Mage Soldiers file

Postby Godric » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

I've got a file that looks like it would work well in theory using the new Mage Soldiers, however I'm still having difficulty bringing in the wins.

SS: Russell, Rasam, Librarian Bernet, Rasam, Hirume
1x Pullermia
1x Mermaid Observer
3x Magic sword dual-wielder
3x Mage Knight Fighter / Ryu
3x Elemental SOldier / Balmoa
3x Flash Pixy / Chamail
3x Bog Wyvern
1x Salamander

1x Wrath of the Sea Lord
1x Return
1x Invisibilty Edge
1x Final Showdown
1x Rapid Growth
1x Falkow Pike
1x Elemental Burst

Baisic open so far is:
Skip > Pullermia > Mermaid Observer > Magic sword or Ryu > Balmoa, and from there I can mix it up.

The idea is to have a field of strong & Fast units and the front row can't be attacked. Ryu particularly gets a double attack with 60 Atk on 4 agi with Balmoa support, which seems brutal in theory, but it's been surprisingly innefective. The file has gone through a few experiments, such as Addition, Antilla, but they rarely saw play. I like this idea, but if I lose my front line or Balmoa it seems to crumble surprisingly quickly.

any suggestions?
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Re: new Mage Soldiers file

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 am

3 bog wyvern might be too difficult to bring out coming from a level 3 rush file.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:13 am

Don't know if you have him, but Anttilla (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=459) is the card I usually see with them. Anttilla eats a Gowen for 3 SP and Ryu brings it back, providing a massive SP boost to fuel Returns.

I'll also throw out Mizzario https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1123.

Whatever the case, I'll agree with Gon that Bog Wyvern's too much SP. Your units need SP for their skills. As an alternative, maybe Sorceror Monk?
shadowsketch

Postby Godric » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:10 am

I've moved stuff around a bit, and I've actually got something I think works now

SS: Distrier, Rasam, Aria, Rasam, Hirume

1x Cath
1x Mermaid Observer
2x Antilla (only have two copies)
3x Magic sword dual wielder
3x Ryu
3x Balmoa
3x Elite Mage Knight of Regus (so disapointed he isn't a mage soldier)
2x Sorcerer Monk

1x Breath of Fire
1x Elemental Burst
2x Return
1x Wrath of the Sea lord
1x Timestop
1x Rapid Growth

I took out the Pullermia opening, and changed it for a Cath > Observer open, and from there I can go to Antilla who will either be defended by the two that came earlier, or a Rasam SS. Then I'll get Ryu and Balmoa to start doing their thing. I decided to use Mage Knight because i'm able to get a lot of SP with Antilla and I can get a pretty solid tank pretty early with the spare SP.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby shadowsketch » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:16 am

Ok, wasn't sure if it was you thatposted when I played you, but you just beat me.

Well done 8-)

I like how it played out from my side, so all I can tell you now is just keep playing more matches, see what works, see what doesn't work, and fix appropriately.
shadowsketch

Postby Khiruki » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:54 am

My file is a bit different.

Souls: +2SP-Rasam-General Zagar-Ashbars-Zangdylan

1x Deep Sea Jewel
3x ExWizard Soldier
3x Ryu
3x Balmoa
3x Magic Greatsword Soldier
3x Maggie
1x Ebreenu
1x Undine
1x Mermaid Observer

1x Elemental Burst
2x Sweeping Tidal
1x Wrath of the Sea Lord
2x Return

The general open is 3 to Falkow and Deep Sea Jewel. Then, depending on my opponent, I either use Sweeping Tidal, drop Ex Wizard Soldier, or skip. Next turn, I can drop Ryu followed by Mermaid Observer then Balmoa. It sets up the field nice and quickly, allowing for field control from the beginning. Ebreenu is there to combo with returns, while Maggie generates Falkow levels.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Godric » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am

Khiruki wrote:The general open is 3 to Falkow and Deep Sea Jewel. Then, depending on my opponent, I either use Sweeping Tidal, drop Ex Wizard Soldier, or skip. Next turn, I can drop Ryu followed by Mermaid Observer then Balmoa. It sets up the field nice and quickly, allowing for field control from the beginning. Ebreenu is there to combo with returns, while Maggie generates Falkow levels.

I'm trying to work out who Maggie is, but I'm drawing a blank :|
is that a shortening from something? I can't think who charges Falkow lvls right now
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby randomguy00 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 am

randomguy00

Postby NitroDino » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:58 am

Here is my build, using OP generating SP mechanics (+5 SP per turn).

open: skip -> Pullmeria -> Mermaid Observer -> Anttila

This file usually generates a lot of SP if your opponent allows it, you could use instead of Rasam and Sorc Monk even Durendal or Distrier, because of you have always 5-10 SP. It is really funny to use Rasam as support if you face high agi units. Forbidden books is there to recycle copies of Anttila or Ryu with Ascarat (too bad that Balmoa is not a WK unit). Ebreenu is there because of so many annoying Verlaats in folrart. With his skill you can return him or for exampe if your opponent has a lvl3 and 2x lvl2 units, clean the field with cyclone. I can't say anything if this file is that strong...
NitroDino

Return to Annarose's Sanctum