File ideas for set 11

Strategies and Card File Construction

File ideas for set 11

Postby Haku-Chan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi everyone i Decided to create this so we can post different decks and discuss strategys and what works and what doesn't for set 11.
So every one feel free to comment on decks and feel free to post decks you created.

Here is a file, i created which i think is actually quite a fun file even with my lack of cards.
Haku-Chan

Re: File ideas for set 11

Postby Khiruki » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Chamail... I don't think she's the best choice as a soul skill for a mid file. You're essentially playing mids with 7LP right there. I would recommend using Lumira instead for soul skills, but I note that you dropped her in as a unit. Hum. I feel that Unicorn Knight might be better instead of the incomplete set of Elite Acolytes, but that's only me.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 am

I agree, Chamail does seem out of place, especially considering you're putting them consecutively. I was looking for SS's to heal a player's side but not the rivals, but what I found were 2 LP/3LP or too weak. So another option was to go with units. Etoile works with her close skill, but that's limited to Solar Kingdom. That's kind of what you're going with your file. I haven't played around with them much, so that's all I got.

**EDIT Chamail > Ghoul Mage is legit, Etoile can recover any units below 0 HP, Ghoul Mage can heal any units that are above 0 HP.

I'm putting up a file I had some success with using Set 11, this is the newest version: Game Over + Zalzachim:

Bad Matchups Were:
Endless Night + Fierte (Just ate too much SP)
Etoile files (Game Over has no effect)
and possibly Wrath of the Constellation files, but fought noone using it.

Basic idea is to ramp up through Recovery Powder/Soul Pact/Miffyre to bring out big units whilst the opponent develops their field. Late game is Zalzagul guarded by Joachim. Many games come down to strategic use of Game Over, and here's the best time to use it:

1. When you expect the opponent to revive units, thus expending copies of them.
2. When you plan on not reviving a unit, thus gaining back SP after a Game Over
3. When you have Joachim/Zalzagul out -- Zalzagul automatically avoids SS, Joaqim can engage himself to avoid some SS.

Afterwards, you can go for a Deadly Scheme if you let a unit die for the SP. Bitter Destiny is another option, but since this file's grim heavy I'd stay away from it.

Opening is skip | Limier | Hell Smoke/Miffyre, then go from there.
shadowsketch

Postby Haku-Chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

you used game over that card has interested me since first saw it. i haven't yet seen no one use it and just wandering would you say its worth the sp?or does it really depend on file?
Haku-Chan

Postby shadowsketch » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 am

Haku-Chan wrote:you used game over that card has interested me since first saw it. i haven't yet seen no one use it and just wandering would you say its worth the sp?or does it really depend on file?

I'd say it's worth it. Game Over is just one of those "build around" cards. It fits in two files off the top of my head:
-Mid-Solar Kingdom w/ Etoile
-A Zalzagul/Joachim file

Zalzagul/Joachim I've already covered, so I'll do Solar Kingdom. Etoile breaks Game Over in half, not only reviving your units, but providing SP equal to the other units on your side of the field, opening up grims and/or Zug/Ashbars. I'd recommend Mids since they have Moon Child Miff, Guardian, VPaladin, etc. . In addition, having your Lawtia up that high opens up Soul Return should you need it.
shadowsketch

Return to Annarose's Sanctum