My starter deck ideas and Discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

My starter deck ideas and Discussion

Postby AquasFire2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:38 pm

(this doesnt include many set 11 cards because dont know how they will be changed)

Okay i understand threads have been made regarding new starters. However, i would like to show what i think would be good for all starters.
First of all i think all starter cards should be lvl1 to lvl 3 cards because it will be easier for new players to learn sp flow.
Refess Starter??
If keep starters level 1 to 3
the starter would either be a solar kingdom deck, a Carbuncle themed starter or Shrine knight themed starter
why i think this
Okay i think it would be best to go solar kingdom because, they have a lot more options. Unlike sk and carbuncles where you have to wait to get certain cards for them to work.

SS Boy combat priest, 40dmg atk +10 ,Brutal mammoth, x20 dm ss, 3lp ss

Characters
Aivault x2

Units
Folart knight captian x3
Folart Mage to teach important of sp? or Unicorn knight for more synergey buff?
Folart heavy Knight x3
Charge knight x3
Willowisp x2
Kerarsen parsean x2
Sunlight knight x3
grimoires
Magic bolt x2 or magic bolt x1 instant revival
Recovery powder x1
Sunbeam cage x1 or disarment x1

Explanation
Reason i said these cards are because they are decent and with a few rares can be a competitive deck. Also it has a good sp flow.Which is important to refess.
Also with practice and maybe 1 or 2 mods this deck should reach 1700+ and higher

Will add other 2 starters later
Working on lawtia starter
Lawtia
Options if keep the decks level 1-3
Lycans
Dolls-
Crest
undeads-
SS
Characters
Units

Gowen starter
Options are
Rank up/basic gowen rush(basic gowen rush in my opinion would be the best start)
monsters
warriors

Why i think this
Basic gowen rush will be best because, it gives little bit of everything and its simple to learn.And most gowen rush files can be easily changed in to a competive files with a few mods from a prebuilt.
SS Dryad soldier,scylla, deferschuitz,effert, 3lp
Characters
Kurina x2
units
salamander x3
blitz soldier3
Gun slinger x3
Monk of single strike x3
dual Axe weilder x3
Herriat horseman x1
herriat musketter x3

Grimoires
fire arrow x1
Bof x1
miracle Fruit x1
Burning air x 1

Working on Falkow
Options are
Wk- wk with a control mechanic would be the best for starter.
mermaids
a Return control file- many different types of them.
Why i think this
Would probably be best to make it a wk file with a simple control mechanic but we need to make sure the file isn't centered around it.First of all falkow is centered around control and sp advantage.Which they use control cards to make up for low hp.So since wk is a simple deck that most people can play.I think it would be best place to start.
Last edited by AquasFire2 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 14 times in total.
AquasFire2

Re: My starter deck ideas and Discussion

Postby NitroDino » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:20 pm

I think that refess starter is too weak, refess units are generally really slow but they have a lot of good start skills. In your file the only start skill buffer units are Folrart Captain and Sunlight Knight. I would remove Folrart Mage for Folrart Unicorn Knight (buffs Heavy Knight, Sunlight Knight) and Etoile for Safiria. Of course if Folrart Mage gets removed then 1 Magic Bolt would be enough. For the second Magic Bolt I would add Disarment and for Recovery Powder Instant Revival. The second ss should be changed for a low rarity engage SS like Angry Mob.

It is true that a lvl3 file would be best for a beginner to learn the game. But if you add Guardian and Judie to the file you would have a really good starter.
NitroDino

Postby AquasFire2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

NitroDino wrote:I think that refess starter is too weak, refess units are generally really slow but they have a lot of good start skills. In your file the only start skill buffer units are Folrart Captain and Sunlight Knight. I would remove Folrart Mage for Folrart Unicorn Knight (buffs Heavy Knight, Sunlight Knight) and Etoile for Safiria. Of course if Folrart Mage gets removed then 1 Magic Bolt would be enough. For the second Magic Bolt I would add Disarment and for Recovery Powder Instant Revival. The second ss should be changed for a low rarity engage SS like Angry Mob.

It is true that a lvl3 file would be best for a beginner to learn the game. But if you add Guardian and Judie to the file you would have a really good starter.

Well i didnt include any set 11 because as far as we know set 11 is getting a nerf and many cards changed and redsigned
AquasFire2

Postby NitroDino » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Etoile and Unicorn Knight are fine and I don't think that they will be nerfed/redesigned.
NitroDino

Postby AquasFire2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:32 pm

also addressing you about adding level 4s judie and guardian. i actually did consider that posibility but sp flow is hard for new players.Thats why i decided to put mage soldier so refess players can learn to manage sp. Also one of my ideas are when a person leave crest they get a prebuilt.

And unicorn knight would be a good simple add.And might be better then my folart mage.So it would be something to consider.
AquasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Don't starters have dalos, zagar, vordore, giant lizard and such?

In fact what's really funny is how many that get a bigger level unit manage to integrate it in their starter and even summon it. Ya beginners can handle SP quite well too!

I think you attribute too much of your own playstyle onto others and based on that make your suggestions.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Don't starters have dalos, zagar, vordore, giant lizard and such?

In fact what's really funny is how many that get a bigger level unit manage to integrate it in their starter and even summon it. Ya beginners can handle SP quite well too!

I think you attribute too much of your own playstyle onto others and based on that make your suggestions.
;a17

Okay, im just saying i have seen many new players play and never get out what they need because don't understand sp mechanic. That is why i suggest that all cards are lvl1-3.So they will have an easier time with sp.
However this is just my opinion.
AquasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I think that when they don't manage to get out what they want, it's because everything gets trashed and blown into smithereens by the meta.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I think that when they don't manage to get out what they want, it's because everything gets trashed and blown into smithereens by the meta.

Well some of that is but however some people just don't know when to revive. And when to play certain cards and when to skip turns.
That is one of reason i suggested cards being level1-3 and getting a prebuilt when leave crest
AquasFire2

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Yes, it's the fault of the meta in the beginner arena that people don't get to play higher level units.
LoneKnight

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum