My starter deck ideas and Discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: My starter deck ideas and Discussion

Postby AquasFire2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Well. Many players do quit because of not much variety, which has always been a problem with crest that needs to be fixed.
Also about variety and lack of cards that is why I suggest when reach level 15 to leave crest you get a free pre-built.
All I was saying basic rush is the simplest thing to learn and manage.
You people say mids and bigs are not hard to learn but you give those cards to a level 1 who has never played the game. They will have trouble when they do not understand anything. Like when it smart to let cards die or when it is good to revive. Rush you do not need that knowledge as much.
That is one of reasons support making all starter level1-3

Also about understanding curve, they need to be trainers back. Which I would be willing to help with it and train new players if there is ever any.
AquasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:43 pm

fargone wrote:Gon and Icyman, that opinion makes me sad indeed. Big aren't hard to play, and what better way to learn the inherent dangers of early fire arrows than mid or big files? What better way to learn how to manage sp than a mid file? Rush file are boring, (maybe we need to cater to everyone, not just yourself Icyman?).

also... wouldn't better tutorials including one for each starter file help alleviate those issues? Maybe even remove the issues altogether?

People leave by level 10, but you still think the current starter set up is good - why? Is it possible those who do leave do so because its boring facing only 1 of 4 files? You also have the issue of one bad starter ruining it for the whole sphere when you limit the number of starter files (and styles).

This is just an idea anyway. None of us here actually have any say on what happens at the end of the day.

I've seen level 100+ players try to play big files and fail miserably. The decision trees and file construction for "bigs" are hard enough for most veterans I think for a newbie it would be totally out of the question. However... I think it might be possible to provide some tutorial that could frame "bigs" files in a way that could make it click to beginners.

I never said the current set up is good. I said it was a massive failure. If most people quit by level 10 it tells you the starters suck. The thing is, they suck cause they are sort of poorly constructed and don't do a good job of teaching the basics. I'm just saying that "the starters suck because they can't compete in folrart" is a bad argument because the job of the starters is to introduce the player to the game, not compete with the big boys. You can offer more easily accessible pre-builts for people to transition to post lvl 15.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AquasFire2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:46 pm

If you read the whole thread gon.I actually said starters are not suppose to be something you run in folart till like level 100 its suppose to be something that teach you the basic and can survive in folart decentley.
AquasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I never disagreed with you darling~~
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:31 pm

AquasFire2 wrote:.

Folrart Knight Captain is a antique today he should go for more better buffer that can be on a front row or something. His only relevance is his shield breaker ability. Sunlight knight is sorta overrated but nothing's better so he's in. I think Folrart Paladin the lvl 3 guy or uh Folrart Greatsword warrior should be in as well. Sorry but, folrart knight captain just sucks. He's a set 3 relic. Anything that rolled over to a combat monk and died in that deck should be used as a last resort. And anything else, the refess starter deck don't even have any snowballing ability, which's why i dun really like it because its one of their strengths if you fail to kill it, it gets stronger and can kill you later on instead of unchanging battlefield conditions that remain static even on turn 30 and turn 1 and is still the same. Unless folrart knight captain gets given a snowballing move, he is meh another thing that is going for him is that he can be thrown into the front row in attempt to diffuse the damage.

And why safiria again, i dun wanna her again, she gets murdered by gowen all the time. At least abel puts up a better fight against gowen because abel doesn't die instantly to dragon breath or bof. Personally I think instant revival should go, in my experiences, its been mostly pretty much used as a stop gap measure for cards that you don't have 2nd or 3rd copy of but you really need to play it. I used it for sergis back when i only had one copy of it to solo tank the whole enemy field.

Meh, i need to look at my cards cuz i forgetting alot of cards. But combat monk has managed to earn my undying memory. that is impressive.
Callonia

Postby AquasFire2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Yea im tring to bring stuff off of memory so kind of hard.
Also what would you suggest i add to change the idea i have.I am open to opinions.
AquasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Safiria is really strong verse lawtia... and that's about it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Callonia wrote:

What do you think is the best 3 star for the refess starter?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Etoile no doubt.
You have a buffer inthe all important attack category, a healer, and something that punishes super damage, like rhino or if put in front row, dilate or whatever. Oh and it sp gens. It is one of the greatest things ever to happen to refess. Plus she has great hp and attack. The only thing close to her heal is safira and she's only 20 hp.
I personally do not like snowballing refess. If you get the snowball started, opponent press give up. If you don't get the snowball started, you press give up. If opponent pulls a snowball stopper, you press give up. In addition, snowballing refess is not friendly to newbie files, which usually have no way of getting rid of them. Snowballing refess also have no way to counter diondora or the like. It only takes one backrow diondora to win.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Callonia wrote:

What do you think is the best 3 star for the refess starter?

I'd say it have to be aivault. lvl 4 captains is inflexible for refess starter, but can work but, eh, eh will be meh.

Mirror of light.

Blessing.

If goign by aquasfire's suggestion, aivualt could be easily be better idea because, 3-4 of card choices in there is a knight. problem is aivualt is single unit buffer, it lacks a field buff and thats why folrart knight captain is outdated, its a captain for a good reason but, knight captain buff is temp buff. while aivualt is perma and can be put on front line to help try control the diffusion, sometimes i've had situations where aivualt on frontlines is reason why gowen aoe nukes couldn't quite finish everyone off in a single grim blast because aivault managed to appropriate damage equally instead of letting gowen have godlike rng and finish off knights one at a time. but again, if guy's rng is godlike your gonna get hurt anyways and nothing you can do about it if aivualt dun get hit.

Aivualt have one thing that the refess start don't have, and that is the snowballing feature even when it only snowballs one max 10 hp/20 hp a turn on a single knight. And what's more, that knight don't have to be on the frontlines to get the buff, so you could easily use aivault on the spear knight in row 3.

Sooner or later, people will have to face the facts that folrart knight captain is outdated and is in desperate need of an errata, he's still only relevant because of his shield breaker move which is always useful in case someone gets trolly with holy shield and forgets about knight captain's shield breaker.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum