A GUIDE TO LEVEL 1s 2s AND SAC UNITS

Strategies and Card File Construction

A GUIDE TO LEVEL 1s 2s AND SAC UNITS

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Pop Quiz:
Your opponent has a emerald carbuncle and amethyst carbuncle on the field, at agi 2 and 4 respectively. You have a hell smoke at agi 2 at full hp and your asuet triggers. Who do you target?

There is no way to prevent amethyst from attacking. If you target amethyst, there is the chance that emerald can win an agi roll and get a turn. If you target emerald carbuncle, there is no chance it can attack and amethyst will not get the +5 attack start.
However if you picked emerald carbuncle, you were wrong. Target amethyst because even though you might receive more damage this turn (and if you hit emerald with hell smoke, your actions have been all for naught and in the end you just received extra damage), it might put you at an advantage in subsequent turns by delaying ss trigger.

INTRODUCTION
All good files have sacrificial units. It is the heart of rushes and without them, many bigs and mids would fail. All of the following listed are good candidates for files and you should consider putting in some of them into your rush file. A typical level 3 rush file will have around 4-6 level 1 sac units. However, not all sac units are the same. A few are used for open skills. You don't want to hit those if you can help it. However, do not sacrifice a chance to kill a main unit or let that sac unit tank the front row. Ways to avoid attacking them are: not targeting with soul skill, targeting another unit with a skill, making use of range, not attacking if it is the last unit alive. NOTE: IF YOU SUSPECT AN ASSASSIN, KILL THOSE ****. A few are very dangerous if allowed to stay on the field. Kill those immediately even though you are triggering your opponent's soul skills early. A small few are both. Kill those too. There are obviously times when these rules can and should be broken, but here's the general idea. Some of the dangerous ones have low agility. Sometimes it is not wise to target them with soul skill damage because you will be able to wipe them out that turn anyways. A few of these can be used for revivable units too. Those have an * next to them.

DO NOT KILL
Shade
Emerald Carbuncle
Wisp
Sylph
Undine
Regus Patroler
Feline Kin Fighter
Refugee Citizens
Mediator of Sun and Moon
Heierrat Horseman
Faytis
Sakura

DANGEROUS KILL
Catherina
Owl Sage
Salamander
Kesaran Pasaran
Archer Scout
Crest Orderly
Augmented Sorcerer*
Angry Mob
Miandela
Summoned Hound*
Beltort Spearman*
Lavende
Crest Mindsoldier*
Aliria*
Safira*
Broken Priest
Cemetary Rats (BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THE FILE)
Succubus (SAME AND ALSO... OP SP DRAIN)
Colette
Knight Apprentice (rankup)*
Folrart Flame Swordsman*
Crest Saboteur Knight
MD Defective
Rifleman Knight (rankup)*
Heierrat Army (rankup)*
Song Sorceress*

DEPENDS
Wounding Sword (zu)
Sun Worshiper (you have def)
Sumer (sp or offensive power)
Witch (you have level 2s)
Folrart Scout (you have important grims)
Woman of Purity (have a unit to revive?)
Miffyre (sp gen good for you?)
Exiled Military Aide
Icyman2

Re: A GUIDE TO LEVEL 1s 2s AND SAC UNITS

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:21 pm

I dedicate this hour to reading manga and found out there was no manga to read this week. qq
Forgot Night Wing Wyvern. Too lazy to edit.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:11 am

Sigh but this depends more on the situation. I am used to the entire opposing field being filled with closed units, so i can't really make a difference.

For the spirits i must say it's useful often to have a dragon breath or two, just to **** up his SS line up.

~~~~~~~~

As for nightwing and shade and other opening skill stuff ... i have to say LP just goes away way too fast and there are basically little no good 3 LP which we really need more of (including low rarity, because many players will often have only 1-2 copies of a card).

Also more permanent poison effects as a little extra would be nice. :/
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 am

It also matters a lot more early game than late game.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I'd definitely use a lvl 9 emperor dragons as a sacrificial unit because they'll never see it coming.
Callonia

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Callonia wrote:I'd definitely use a lvl 9 emperor dragons as a sacrificial unit because they'll never see it coming.

Allind was once my favourite sac unit.

As pera mentioned earlier, the advice given here is situational and makes many assumptions. It is sound for most rush file scenarios. If only constant rush file games weren't so damned boring.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am

Icyman2 wrote:A typical level 3 rush file will have around 4-6 level 1 sac units.

I would say if you don't have at least 3 then your file has some serious weaknesses, but if you have more than 4 that might be considered excessive.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 am

Let's look at:

undeads
3x shade
1x salamander
3x broken priest (of which 1-3 are sacs)

doll rush
3x shade
1x salamander
2x sumer

en
3x succubus
3x cem rats

wk
owl sage 3
undine 1
ex wiz soldier or other wk unit (1-3 to die for violet ss trigger)

I'm only using lawtia as examples because those are more obvious and indisputable. Course, I believe gowen should pack 3 salamanders and some dryad(s) or some horseman for merc nation. Falkow-3 owls and spirits. Refess-kp and spirits.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 am

You said level 3 rush file so EN doesn't count, you also said 4-6 LEVEL 1 SACS, so Sumer and ex wiz don't count either. While there certainly are a few exceptions to the rule (mainly undeads), I still think 3-4 level 1 sac units is ideal. You'd go over this number if you have some combo intensive tribal like orcs or undead that you're trying to maintain on the field, but for most beatdown rush files like dolls or monsters or something, going over 4 just seems excessive to me. I mean there is the argument "just because you have 6 sacs doesn't mean you necessarily play them all every game," which is true and is a good argument. Having a lot of options - like say the 3 shades and a salmander approach, can give you options to put you in a totally dominant position by turn 5-6 in most games. The downside is that when you put so many sac units you start to really get tight on file space for other things.

I dunno I just feel like as a general rule of thumb 3-4 is an ideal place to start at.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby skillll7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Geez icy, just because you play it that way doesn't mean the rest of us use trillions of sac units like you do.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum