EN nowadays

Strategies and Card File Construction

EN nowadays

Postby InfernityFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 pm

...doesn't use Eskatia anymore? I mean, Verlaat is not on the UD list, but Eskatia is *mindblown* Is this because of Sweeping Tidalwave/Cyclone/Other rush shenanigan?
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Re: EN nowadays

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Haven't seen any EN around. They probably use EX Riza if not Eskatia.

Before eskatia can turn battle time to night, the opponent can drop some grims on your lycans and thus kill them. :(
In that regard EX Riza and succbus are better as "protectors".
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm

It's still meta. It's just not as trendy. Grims killing your eskatia isn't the end of the world if it costs the opponent sufficient resources.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InfernityFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's still meta. It's just not as trendy. Grims killing your eskatia isn't the end of the world if it costs the opponent sufficient resources.

Speaking of which, any new meta file in Set 10/Set 11? So far, I have only seen Augmented file personally, but I heard that Set 10/11 cards are OP :?

But back to topic, Is using 3 Eskatia + 3 EX:Riza in 1 file excessive?
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby caeser » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

InfernityFan wrote:...doesn't use Eskatia anymore? I mean, Verlaat is not on the UD list, but Eskatia is *mindblown* Is this because of Sweeping Tidalwave/Cyclone/Other rush shenanigan?

Maybe the heavy EN users haven't been playing? If I had her, I would be using her. I have to use Riza and Succubi.
caeser

Postby caeser » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 pm

InfernityFan wrote:But back to topic, Is using 3 Eskatia + 3 EX:Riza in 1 file excessive?

I would think 3 Eskie and 2 Riza would be reasonable.
caeser

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeah some people use 2 ex riza, some 3, I don't think it makes that big a difference. EN is a tricky file cause there is massive variation to how you can play it and progress through the file. It's also heavily timing dependent and requires a lot of rares... Generally when EN gets trendy is when some top player like worthing or lalandy or frozenstar spam it and win tons of games, then players see this and suddenly realize "Oh hey EN is really good wow!" and then it gets popularized. But if the top players don't spam something then people get unsure of how to play it and it doesn't get played.

There's a ton of new meta from the newer sets infernity, though I haven't played much recently so I'm sure others can answer that question better than me.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InfernityFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Yeah some people use 2 ex riza, some 3, I don't think it makes that big a difference. EN is a tricky file cause there is massive variation to how you can play it and progress through the file. It's also heavily timing dependent and requires a lot of rares... Generally when EN gets trendy is when some top player like worthing or lalandy or frozenstar spam it and win tons of games, then players see this and suddenly realize "Oh hey EN is really good wow!" and then it gets popularized. But if the top players don't spam something then people get unsure of how to play it and it doesn't get played.

Really? I always thought EN is actually pretty acquirable since the only rares you need are EX: Riza (especially now that it's available in Dark Rush) or/and Eskatia. Even then you can ditch Eskatia altogether and you still get a really good file :)

Anyone tech Annarose?
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Well Eskatia is a 5* from a set people don't like buying anymore, so not many people have her. Lycans with just EX Riza and souls/succubus/night soul can actually fare pretty well it just requires a lot more thought. I've seen some really incredible high RP lycan files in the past that didn't use esky and relied purely on the user being cunning.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Anyone tech Annarose?

Rarely used her. She saves you from quite a bit of nasty SP drain, but at the same time she doesn't contribute much with damage.

Maybe i would use her if i would be playing EN these days, simply because there are many decks relying on high agility. :/
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum