Abyssal Strategist / Galdire

Strategies and Card File Construction

Abyssal Strategist / Galdire

Postby Ropey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I have 2 copies of this card and could get a 3rd, but is it worth playing? Can't find anything on here, and have only played against it once around the time I started. It looks fun to play, and these days there are lots of ways to multi sphere. Cards are getting faster so their start skill of -3 agi could come in handy. Looks like undead would work well in a file with Galdire. I do have word of Dalos. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Last edited by Ropey on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Abyssal Strategist / Galdire

Postby NitroDino » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Use Kirin to get the sphere levels.
NitroDino

Postby gadu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Play Gald with low level undead type units so that when he changes their stats, you might get 100 HP & 100 ATT undeads everywhere.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Ropey,

With kirin i think he is actually playable. There are some replays on him somewhere but you would have to go back quite aways. Even using free revivers or a slyph might help if you don't want to use undead. Though i recall that lv 1 undead guy being used with galdirea before.

Cheers mate,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Ropey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

When you start thinking there are quite a few cheap cards you can throw out. Ex Merc girl , Refugee, Will o' the Wisp, Shade the list is quite a long one I imagine. You would have to level them up with Miracle Fruits and maybe The Magician / Primrose. Or could be played in a pixie file.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 pm

I agree,

You only really need 1 unit out with him at first. You probably need some luck too. You can always use the skill on him as 1 of the 2 units in the conditional lawtia thing. If you are going to use kirin thennmight as well use ref cits. Will limit the tidals and returns on you lower lv units that you buff. I would definitely use a slyph probably 2. You could use them back to back if the first results aren't to your liking. Just make sure you use enough lp to cover.
Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby gadu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I think Angelspawn has a solid Gald file. He always finds nice uses of cards.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby skillll7 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I think that out of every single card ever made in Alteil, Galdirea has had the most strategy threads. Whenever people think "amusing" or "fun," they think Galdirea.

On topic, EX Zugateroza is an amazing tank for Galdirea files. If you can get lucky enough to get his HP up to 100, that's 5 "lives" at 100, 80, 60, 40 and 20 HP.
I also remember that before Emana and EX Mystere, the only way to have Mystere's skill possibly work every single turn was a combination of Elite Fencer and Galdirea.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Ropey » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Just played Anglespawn he was running a Domina/Gangadore file which I've only seen played once before when I started. It was a very fun game, and a nice relief from trying to do UD with Bel Kingdom. :D

I was a bit hamstrung with just the two Galdire. The Kirin start worked well and the Undead also performed.

Funny thing is you could easily drop Beltia into this file.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 am

Galdirea centered files require 3x copies I think to run at a reasonable level. If you're stuffing your file full of stuff to keep those 2 copies alive (things like wisp or instant revival), that's less resources committed to creating your win conditions-which is exactly what this file is. Setting up Gald with certain units and using his abilities to lockdown and create ridiculous friendly units.
Romdeau

Return to Annarose's Sanctum