Beltia Endgame for Undead

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Beltia Endgame for Undead

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:20 pm

No whenever they've released prebuilts in the past they took a hit in income. Logress defined prebuilts as a way of "paying the players to get them to play the game."
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

i looked before I posted on the pre-builds. Most of pre-builds were a sale price of 500 gran for the 1st 2 weeks then 1500 gran thereafter. Lets all hope the pricing model comes down (i hope by 2/3rds but i think that is a pipe dream). We had pre-builds with 7x EX cards in it. 12 is almost double that number. I realize the recycle rate is still half of 1500 gran give or take. one wonders if selling a prebuild where half of the cards are ex cards doesn't devalue the EX cards you want to sell at full price in the future?

I think Gon you are somewhat correct. Pre-builds don't lose money ( they are virtual so how do you lose by distributing them, furthermore their cost is always above their recycle rate) but are more along the lines of bring in less income than we otherwise generate.Essentially this is accomplished by forcing the playerbase into only 1 or 2 options to get our cards. This is probably why we don't see a system for many different types of purchasing. A lotto, an ex lotto, fixed card cost, pc cost, etc etc.
personally, i like the pre-build idea and think there should be player made file contests with specific criteria like they do in alteil 2. To make money this game needs to either sell cards or create revenue from online advertising and i'd rather not see some pop up or ad everytime i log on.

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

They actually did lose money. Every other buying option brought in less during the times the prebuilt were on sale. People spent less overall on the game than any other time.

I think this is because all the other buying options are so terrible that people suddenly wake up from whatever daze they were in when they spent money on those. So if buying options were better the outcome may be different (because comparatively prebuilts wouldn't be so good).

Also, putting them out for 500 gran at release is kind of suicide. You should not put a new item on sale when it appears. You should put it on sale when people don't want to buy it anymore!
LoneKnight

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Like Gon said, it was used more as a tool to bribe players into actually playing Alteil again.
Romdeau

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I agree.

Back on topic as i hate derails. I think he is a solid endgame unit. Hits for 90 dmg at agi 4 given a handful of undead cards are in your grave. Seems solid enough to me.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I was actually talking about how gon's point might not be true anymore once the new alteil fully lifts of, if the buying options are better in that one (some remarks about improving the buying options were made by the staff I think). I know that in the current model the prebuilds reduce the income of the game (as I've read logress's statements stating that fact) and I didn't deny that (e.g. from my original comment: "If the shop items are getting a complete makeover", I think you guys misunderstood me here, though things like that can happen).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby worthing » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 pm

what I don't get is.....More new players have been joining recently (its been awhile since I have seen this many new faces in chat) but the management is failing to capitalize on making them stay by making new starters, making level ups higher rarity, and giving tbs in crest that can be 5*. We are 10 sets deep (as far as cards to pay for) and they won't give out some free stuff? Also cheap prebuilds will rake in ez munny
worthing

Postby Callonia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 pm

worthing wrote:what I don't get is.....More new players have been joining recently (its been awhile since I have seen this many new faces in chat) but the management is failing to capitalize on making them stay by making new starters, making level ups higher rarity, and giving tbs in crest that can be 5*. We are 10 sets deep (as far as cards to pay for) and they won't give out some free stuff? Also cheap prebuilds will rake in ez munny

Set 11 is free in case u didn't know.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 am

But like Gon said, even if you have every card in a set, there are very few playable files you can make out of it. The prebuilts are probably more effective than anything you could make with Set 11 with the exception of Mid Refess and maybe Augments.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby methebest » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 am

and they could always charge more for prebuilts
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum