New Starters

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: New Starters

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I actually really like the new starters.

The Lawtia starter is pretty good. The extra Zug in there is actually very useful I think. Especially if the first one gets Max hp hated or you have other units on field with him. You could sac one of the other units while reviving Zug to sp build back up to having multiple revives. The only thing I think would have been good was to get rid of consuming grudge or Pure Terror to add in another succubus.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Pure terror is like a very strong situational fire arrow. It does matter.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:13 pm

They need consuming grudge its fun to use that card to time assassin on people and u also get an extra 50 dmg :)
AquasFire3

Postby gadu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

I was looking through the Lawt 3* and Riza seems like he would have fit the starter a LOT better than 2 Zug.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

gadu wrote:I was looking through the Lawt 3* and Riza seems like he would have fit the starter a LOT better than 2 Zug.

Agreed.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby methebest » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:10 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Dalos maybe was 1 level too high for beginners, but why not replace him with xxxx?

that could work xxxx would need a hp buff though
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby EvilTomato » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Something went wrong and I lost my initial post, maybe it's better this way: shorter(yes really) and to the point.

Here's my opinion on the new starters: solid files, undeniably stronger than the previous versions, but bad as starters.
To many different skills to remember (just look at Lawtia), frustrating to fight against (especially Refess and Falkow, all of them if the other player knows what he is doing and you just started). Yes, it's normal to lose the first time you play, but these files can simply overwhelm a new player: the sheer number of start skills from Refess, Guardian, hell smoke's ''immortality", return after return and so on.

Lets look at Refess vs Falkow, the only solution for the falkow starter is to return the guardian, using Mystere (or the ss, sorcerer monk outside of endgame is suicide), think about it, Mystere and the great spirits are the only ranged units in the file, best case scenario without returns: it takes 3 hits to kill guardian, that's 2 counters, again best case scenario, no buffs for refess, falkow doesn't have damage dealers with range, so it takes all 3 of the range 1 units to kill her,now the reinforcements arrive gg. So the only option for the falkow player is to return the guardian and of course her friends, now think how this looks from the other players side, he wants to use his units, but they are getting returned one by one, no chance to attack.

All I'm saying is that this can get frustrating really fast regardless if you are the Refess or Falkow player. Especially if you just started playing.
EvilTomato

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum