Comparison

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Comparison

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Folrart shield knight is a card from set 1. Lots of cards from early sets seem awful relative to more current cards. Why not compare lightning archer or swallow scout with Annette?

Please go into the details.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Gon basically said nothing, because there is nothing he can say. Simple as that.

Older set cards are weaker. They were nerfed pre-release. Anyways shield knight with full stats of a level 2 would be fine imo even with a free revive trait. Why? Because it's fine as a card by itself. Here's an example:

60 HP
0 AT
10 DF
1 AGI
1 RNG
Trait: 0 SP revive

This. Is. Perfect. I suggested this before.

It doesn't outshine anything strong out there. It's simply what it's supposed to be a level 2 tank. A slow one too!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Callonia wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:Folrart shield knight is a card from set 1. Lots of cards from early sets seem awful relative to more current cards. Why not compare lightning archer or swallow scout with Annette?

Compare any unit from set 1 or set 2 with any unit from set 10 or set 11 or recent EX. There has been some pretty clear power creep. Folrart Shield Knight is merely one example of infinite examples you could use to show the power creep. The fact that shield knight is weaker than recent level 2 units should not surprise anyone.

I think more appropriate comparisons are of recent cards to other recent cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Well efReet and fire storm wyvern were deemed upgradable so why only them? I suspect because they were needed in the new starters which i am fine with.

Gon, you are seriously testing my limits-your spat with Fargone and Pera can remain in those threads- bring that stuff here and I'll make you look like a fool. You cannot compare a 1 star or 2 star to an EX as it has been specifically stated that an Ex card is similar to a 3-4 star in power by Logress himself. I would hope someone who has been on our balance team for, how long has it been?, would know that.

Furthermore, is it not almost a testament to your own partial failure (since you are on said balance team) if you say there is obvious powercreep from set 1/2 to set 10. Note i won't mention set 11 as it came over and i suspect the majority of testers were like f this i don't have time to playtest something that is going under.

Getting back to my original point which is a tangent from Anima's thread. It is difficult to find underappreciated cards from earlier sets as it seems we rewrote the rules or changed the formula for card development somewhere along the way.

For those of us who shelled out lots of money those cards are basically worthless to a degree. Soon enough set 12 will be for sale -115 usd at 100% recycle rate (thankfully from what i have seen so far it does not totally outshadow the past few sets for the most part).

Please explain the apple to apple comparison of swallow scout or lightning archer to annete?

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Ehhh? Seems set 11 was mostly brought in line at this point. Aug doll got neutered, CFA spam is far from instant-win, Phoenix chick is retarded vs. bigs, but nothing can be done vs. that it seems. And I highly highly doubt Gaiessoul splash was intended. As for the rest of it, Gowen got nothing, Falkow got nothing. EXs make Dion Control good again (but still mind-numbing boring), buncles are now as meta as you can want. Gowen still is junk >.<
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:After Anima's Russell post I decided to go over the card list for underappreciated cards. Anyway, is there an inherent reason mermaid shield soldier seems so much better than Folrart shield knight? I shouldn't say seems as it looks to me like blatant power creep but perhaps the whole "solar kingdom" subtype warrants his less than stellar stats for a lv 2 2 star when compared directly to mermaid shield since her subtype is much less common in terms of sheer numbers.

What do you think? To me it seems as if we strayed away from the standard if you want to refer to sets 1 and 2 as the baseline.

AD

This was the original post. Clearly, mermaid shield soldier is a lot better than shield knight. This should not be considered a surprise to anyone. There has been a lot of power creep over the years. So saying, "Card X from a recent set is a lot better than a similar card Y from one of the first sets" obviously true. Compare MD Augmented to Light heirrat fighter. They aren't balanced either, even post nerf. Kurina has always been drastically superior to haste soldier. Annarose is massively stronger than Scarrion.

This has absolutely nothing to do with solar kingdom itself, and everything to do with power creep, which has happened.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Pera, i agree - your version of that card would bean improvement over the current one and he might be used more often.

Gon- on average for certain there has been powercreep. if i had time i would do a breakdown per set of who is on underdog versus off etc. still verlaat, annarose, eskatia are still highly used. The basic units are the ones most over shadowed-it is a shame and should be addressed but that takes time and hence money and won't be done unless they give Rom free reign to do slight adjustments to previous set cards or something. At any rate i'll lookfor some card that has hiddenpotential.

I tried running aegis with sim-anna yesterday and it was kinda cool. She is agi 4 so goes before himandnerfs an enemy to 0 att. Then if u r fortunate aegis goes and you can effectively neuter a 2nd enemy to attack 0. I still like aegis andthink he can work in current decks - like Russell he needs a specific deck though.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Callonia wrote:

Compare any unit from set 1 or set 2 with any unit from set 10 or set 11 or recent EX. There has been some pretty clear power creep. Folrart Shield Knight is merely one example of infinite examples you could use to show the power creep. The fact that shield knight is weaker than recent level 2 units should not surprise anyone.

I think more appropriate comparisons are of recent cards to other recent cards.

I see, so why not do an errata to bring units that got obsoleted to be made relevant again?

Seems like to be a good thing to do.
Callonia

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum