How to counter/beat an Urgrant deck?

Strategies and Card File Construction

How to counter/beat an Urgrant deck?

Postby ICAC123 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I've fought this deck a 2nd time now and there is no way in hell I can beat it: every unit gets returned and every round I get -1SP due to one of his skills...

So after the return fest I can't play anything higher than a lvl 2 (or wait another round to get enough SP to summon a lvl 3) on the field, even If I just wait to let my SP build up to play something lvl 4+, it takes way too long due to the -1SP every round and the Urgrant player will have established a strong field by the time I can play something remotely useful...

And there is anoher prob: Urgrant has agi 4 and almost one shots any (useful) unit lvl 4 and below...

So are there any common solutions against an Urgrant deck?
ICAC123

Re: How to counter/beat an Urgrant deck?

Postby harvest4god » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm

list your current file so we can make recommendations.
harvest4god

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I stay away from returnable Lv 1 - 3 units when I want to beat it.

Explosive gowen open decks can beat it, stuff like dragonfly + flame magician and friends.
I beaten urgant return abuse that way and opponent beat my urgant that way.

But if you play level 2 / 3 stuff you probably auto lost. If you have only few try to not play them until he is tight on sp ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Every sphere has its own unique ways to deal with such files. Generally speaking, urgrant battles tend to be won or lost in the first 5 or 6 turns. If you can shut him down early the rest of the file isn't too scary. If he gets ahead early, it only gets worse and snowballs out of control.

The most effective way to deal with it is to use multiple level 1 sacrificial units (these are not worth returning) to get to your soul skills and use them to your advantage. If you alternate level 1-3-1-3 you can keep even with sp and take down urg with your soul skills. That should allow you to set up your field and mount a counter attack.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Pera,
Lots of level 3 rush files can beat urgrant. I've done it in the past with merc nation, dolls, undead, wk, pirates, and shrine knights. Its only an auto loss if your soul skills don't help you and if you don't include enough sacrificial units.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Tell that to the people that lost to my urgant. :D

And if needed I do tidal even a sacrificial shade. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Games you may have won or lost has nothing to do with how possible it is for level 3 rushes to beat urgrant files. I said its possible to get ahead early with enough sacrificial units and good soul skills and not playing level 2 units early. You said you personally have won games with urg, which says nothing about how the matchups play out or what someone can do to counter files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Can be done but just difficult, beat up an urgrant deck the version that dont' care about spamming returns with solar kingdom.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11723

Biggest problem is not enough info in your post. We can't help you if we don't know what kind of problem you having Like what kind o file ya runnin.
Callonia

Postby DeeGee » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Most level 3 rushes have a way to deal with Urgrant.

Lawtia: Urgrant depends on floating SP, meaning you'll most likely be able to hit 2-3 shades. Couple that with attack damage from your undead tank (or at the least an md augment) and soul skills, and Urgrant's going to have a bad day.
Gowen: Urgrant has 50 HP. Sala+SS=dead Urgrant. Salas then chump block for your level 3s and trigger another SS.
Falkow: This is a case in which you have to have two level 3 units out, one being some sort of agility manipulator. Elite fencer comes in the starter.
Refess: SKs and buncles can race him on agility. Solar kingdom should set up row 2 and use level 1s to tank his rapier. If you're going to absolutely eat a rapier, raise your sphere level for a hand of god later in the game.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm

fact : When urgant return looses against rush its either coz its a bad player or misplay.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum