Merc File

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Merc File

Postby DeeGee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Yep. I see Nathan is running around with a merc nation file that has dryad soldier and 3 Rasam SSs and he's somehow beating big red with it. His units are Greg, revolver, field commander, EX Yuni, and the new fencer chick.

It's lulzy when it works but he somehow gets it to O_o
DeeGee

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

I think 3 Rasom SS in most files would work! and it works in this case because it allows for them to build a strong field. Once you do that mercs are fine.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Changed the second SS for Rasom :oops: While I hate to do this to my opponent is does help build the field. Am now winning games like a boss! and triggering field commanders skills has become no problem.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby AquasFire3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 am

Your files looks quite decen.tBut how is the opening. usually the opening is what always stopped merc nation from ever doing anything since they have slow set up but adding rasam ss to 2nd like you did.I think will help alot.
AquasFire3

Postby gadu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 am

Mesrag is a fun card to use, but if you have 3 other Merc. on the field, there probably isn't much need to use his skills... so I'm kind of conflicted about using him instead of another free revivor or some tech cards...

I have all the "Burning" grims and "Burning" SS but are those really worth using?

For example, that Inferno grim can subtract LP, but I think that a lot of the time that does more harm than good...

Rasfel SS also makes all units burn, but is it really efficient to capitalize on that status? Mesrag could combo, but he's AGI 3 and the damage is random. You couldn't use Inferno grim or that new Set 12 grim that does 50 DMG to one burning unit until next turn when those burning units may already be dead or those burning units already killed your field.

What do you guys think about Burning? It seems not worth using to me and I don't, but do you guys have any good ideas with it?
Last edited by gadu on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby CainHyde » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:08 am

IMO Burning mechanic still a gimmick mechanic at the moment.
I don't think it's really good mechanic at the moment, unless you are trying to make crazy and fun files.
Don't focus too much trying to make a Burning file works... for now.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 am

CainHyde wrote:IMO Burning mechanic still a gimmick mechanic at the moment.
I don't think it's really good mechanic at the moment, unless you are trying to make crazy and fun files.
Don't focus too much trying to make a Burning file works... for now.

Nah, its already good lol. Super effective against units that prefer attacking because they tend to be low on hp.. which means they're just one ball of flames away from dying after being burnt.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Good thing about buring is it is permanent unlike poison but yeah for a meta file straight up damage is better. I notice your soul skill line up is very meta indeed

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby gadu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:01 am

I thought playing Merc. Nation would be simple and easy to win with, but I've been getting beat up left and right. Then I followed Skilll7's advice...

skillll7 wrote:I suggest a version with Dryad Soldier SS being replaced by Heierrat Horseman units.

I also used Icyman's SS line-up and opening and I just beat two metas: Augments and ORKS. :shock: I'm out of 1400 RP bracket! :o Thanks Icyman and Skilll7.

The downside is that with 4 Gowen, Mesrag is out of the line-up and he was the only reason I made a Merc. file in the first place. :(

About his burning skill, is it really a good idea to spend 2 SP on a skill that that has no immediate effect? Next turn, you have three options:

1. Level 2 Set 12 Grim deals 50 DMG. So you spend a total of 4 SP to kill one unit with 50 HP.

2. L4 Inferno Grim deals 20 DMG to all units and subtracts LP. You spend 6 SP which I think is a terrible investment and does not flow well with Mesrag's other mechanic.

3. Mesrag's random DMG skill. This is pretty good, but the problem is that it takes two turns and he has 3 AGI so a lot of bad stuff can happen to you in that time and if anything dies, Burning status is reset. Also it's random DMG and random target. :?

On the plus side, Undead and other units that don't close stay burning for the whole match. So I really like this card, but I'm sad that he's not really worth the trouble of using Burning mechanics/cards and needs a lot of support before you can get a lot out of his skills. This problem is made worse by the fact that he is in a rush oriented file that kind of relies on 2 other L4 units (and he is L4 himself) so it's not really feasible to use.

Finally I replaced him with that L2 Slayer Witch, but I hope that in the future, good old Mesrag is more viable to play.

Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 am

If you're splashing falkow, wouldn't it make more sense to open spore observer?
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum