Runner Up Modded Gowen Starter

Strategies and Card File Construction

Runner Up Modded Gowen Starter

Postby Aoi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm

This is the file that I used for Icyman's Starter Tourney. As the coordinators can testify this file ended my early rounds extremely quickly, speeding me up the ranks faster than anybody else.

This being a Gowen file, its very aggressive and simple to use, the only real tech cards being that assassin soul, and well more damage.
I started my matches opening up Alraune, and then proceeded to fielding my free rev units Kurina and Man Eating Tiger with Salamander cover fire. I only start playing lv3 units after the my dryad soldier ss activates, so that they benefit from the rank up stats they get. The only lv3 unit that I would be willing to summon before that ss triggers is Mercenary. Because well he lifts, letting him just snowball behind my free rev units. Once my first ss triggers, and my front line is still intact, I would go use dualslinger to keep up applying damage, as well as being able to possibly out speed enemy problem units. It also gives me a excuse to put another gowen sphere boosting it to 7 and fueling my Anaconda ss, and Fire arrows for 70 damage. I don't really have a clear cut endgame, I took out Efreet for the sake of more options mid game, and the only unit that I packed that I feel fits endgame is Mercenary.

The plan is simple, overpower your enemy, play a unit whenever available, and use damage grims for support fire, to maintain field advantage.
This file went up against 2 Falkow, 1 Gowen, 1 Refress, and 1 Lawtia. The only one it lost to is Lawtia who had undying units, which wrecked maintaining a field advantage, and had the ability to outlast damage.

I heard there is are plans considering making a Pauper Arena only allowing 1* and 2* this file I could very well work in that arena the only thing that needs to change is Kurina. So I hope new players looking to play Gowen will view this post.
ImageImage
Aoi

Re: Runner Up Modded Gowen Starter

Postby gadu » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm

That Gunslinger can really **** up a lot of units.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby RedPhoenix » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 pm

gadu wrote:That Gunslinger can really **** up a lot of units.

Especially when you add magic weapon or something.......he can cause a lot of damage.
PHOENIX......that means I can't die!
RedPhoenix

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am

Well i decided to post this cause aoi posted his so i thought might be fun showing the starter file mods :)
Well here is the file i ran that won the tourney
My opening was mainly shade, hell smoke, shade or shade, hell smoke, skelly archer depending on match up
Another thing is Zug is really not necessary in this file since i never used him. i probably would of done better by adding a third sub :)

Main objective of file was hellsmoke tank, janus to kill units and skelly archer to pick units off with his pinpoint and then just play other cards when it was convenient.
But here is my file and i hope you enjoy and by posting these decks i hope we help new players little.
AquasFire3

Postby RedPhoenix » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 pm

These new starters have some very good cards in them. The old Lawtia starter was tough to play when you just started out.

I remember when Hellsmoke came out.....took me a little while before I managed to get 3 copies of him :lol:
PHOENIX......that means I can't die!
RedPhoenix

Return to Annarose's Sanctum