Shock future files?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Shock future files?

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I was just thinking of all the new cards that will be available soon. So ok, they have all yet to be refactored etc. But players can still use their imagination to create files ahead of time. The really good players at this moment could even throw a few curve balls. Start highlighting certain things knowing that all if will do is confuse the design team. Leaving the stuff they really want to play alone so they may take advantage later when the doors actually do open.snigger. Whatever.

Get your thinking caps on. :o
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Shock future files?

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Hmmm... Can you make a list of strategies (i prefer call them "win conditions" though) that you're interested in?

I'm the guy SUPPOSEDLY working on the wiki which i haven't touched in a couple months now... if i ever do continue it, might be useful. haha. :D

Some stuff to get the ball rolling:

> Field-building preferably with stacking buffs
> Key unit killing (cockblock win conditions)
> File destruction
> SP lockdown
> Iczer-heavy rush strategy
> Vanilla unit-based damage
> Cheap damage spam (open or close, as long as its unavoidable and cost-effective)
> Return lockdown
> Snowballing buff units
> Debuffing? i don't think there's a file archetype that maximizes debuffing though...
> Range/position manipulation? There are a few that do this

I do not believe engaging and SP genning is a strategy, its just a means to an end... :D

Any good file should have at least 2 of these strategies (whenever i teach my mentees back in the day, i call them "gimmicks"). :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Return to Annarose's Sanctum