GOWEN STaRTER DECK vs FOLRaRT GUaRDIan!!

Strategies and Card File Construction

GOWEN STaRTER DECK vs FOLRaRT GUaRDIan!!

Postby dekster18 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 am

whenever i faced a folrart guardian i always lost!! becoz its counter skill is pretty strong..im a 72% stat and i cant find a way to defeat it..besides that its card file are all almost helps folrart to kick butts every turn (like healing folrart guardian) pls help me.. thx ^^
my only one shot one kill is efreet ( its soul skill )
remember it is just a gowen starter deck!!
dekster18

Re: GOWEN STaRTER DECK vs FOLRaRT GUaRDIan!!

Postby darklogos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 pm

wow this is going to go south...
darklogos

Postby Galandros » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

You'll need to adjust the file. Fire Arrow can work unless they buff it beyond a level 9 Arrow being able to one shot it.

An assassin/salamander soldier in the ss can help, but isn't the most effective.
The best gowen unit to deal with it is Der Freischutz, two star from set 3.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby Gota » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Pure gowen starter against Guardian is tough, I hope you picked out more duals from level up, they will help a ton since she can lower their AT for the turn and make the counters less harmful.

Other than that if its like a pure pure starter, it doesn't have a very good chance against Guardian, your only bet is like G said, Fire arrow. With only 1 arrow though, you're going to have to deal with guardian being on the field the whole game. Try picking off the other units in the back, and iczer to hit his LP(whenever u were able to close guardian).

I played against a Guardian deck with a pure gowen starter before, without any mods or any SS mods at all, came down to last turn of luck with Fire tornado. Which won it for me as luck was on my side. Make sure you take advantage of the turns when your SS goes off.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Zanador » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Remember that archer scout has the same SS as Efreet.
Also there is that Lethal archer card which i never saw in play before... Its slaying arrow skill is random, but only among disengaged enemies, and as i saw, Guardian has 4-5 Agi support cards most of the time (priest of the holy word, magic musician), so they will be engaged already by the time archer attacks. But dont ask me how effective this is, i cant tell.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 pm

I've only seen leathal archer used effectively once, and the Iczer told me he included it because it really helps him against Guardian.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby teasel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 pm

if you had to put a 1 star solution to guardian then i think mercenary works better as he has all the time in the world to get enough attack to one shot guardian (or at least enough DF to scoff at guardian counter) while being three times tougher to take down than lethal archer
teasel

Postby Phades » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:35 pm

teasel wrote:if you had to put a 1 star solution to guardian then i think mercenary works better as he has all the time in the world to get enough attack to one shot guardian (or at least enough DF to scoff at guardian counter) while being three times tougher to take down than lethal archer

In practice, i find it rare that an opponent allows merc to get that nasty before doing something about it.
Phades

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Merc and dual wielder work and if you are lucky enough you get to play freischütz.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Csquared » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm not too familiar with the new Gowen starter, but isn't Berserker still included in it, even as one of the extra 20 cards?
Take the Challenge of the Fortnight!
Win new cards as well as point cards!
Csquared

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum